1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Quite the piece of design work,but I am not enamored of the way it tapers down in the rear. It looks as though there is something missing. I am also not a fan of blacked out bikes - guess I'm old school in that I like shiny paint and chrome on my bikes. The mfrs love the blacked out fad cuz it saves them on production costs, yet they can charge the same amount and make more profit.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
The more I see it the more I like it. But if I were to get another Moto Guzzi, it would likely be either a white California 1400 Tour or a red 1400 Eldorado. I rode Moto Guzzi nearly exclusively for about 35 years. The thing that still bugs me about the 1400 is the designed in vertical 'line'.

It looks like the front half and the back half of the bike was designed by two completely separate groups without the thought of actually integrating the two halves.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Too be honest, I have never given a MG a look. That is one that would make me stop and stare.
Just curious, doesn't the jugs being a few inches from your shin get hot?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Front wheel has me wondering. So if you have a cross wind, is'nt that big filler piece in the wheel going to catch more air? I knew a couple guys back when I was in the USAF that rode Guzzi's in our club. That would have been like early 80's. They swore by them things.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
No engine heat to speak of at all on any Guzzi I ever rode or owned. The front wheel seems to have enough open space that so far, no one who's ridden one, says crosswinds cause any issues.

The best internet forum for the brand is here: Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
They're a good group and very active.

One of the real life problems with Moto Guzzi is finding a good dealer that actually knows and understands the brand. I think Ural has twice the dealer network. But for the most part, the bikes are over engineered, under stressed and a LOT of fun to own and ride.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oops, sorry. Didn't mean to repeat.

·
Premium Member
13,723 Posts
No worries. Just tying them together is all.

I think it truly is a work of art and very forward thinking. Still think the windshield looks a lot like the early Batmobile. :D

The Italian's are quite well known for building some sexy looking cars; good to see them translating that same sexiness into a production bike build.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, I agree, the fairing is very Batmobile-ish. I had that same thought.

Back tail lights are nice though.

I test drove a MG S7 when I was looking for a small "around town" bike. It was too short for me, but man, was that engine smooth!

I really like the 1400 Touring, it's a more "classic" style.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts