Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
+1 on Bob's comment. Would be neat if it could navigate a track visit gps though.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Since the beginning of the consumer data age in the early '70's there have been many instances of development and design Engineers going far beyond normal consumer demand. There is no previous market for some things. The businesses can create the market though and even if a small percentage of a few hundred million customers use the product the manufacturers can earn some big bucks. Then there are the Engineers who have excess time and money on their hands and during legitimate product development take it a step further. There is not and never will be a demand for many products they come up with and I think this is just one of them.

Other than Jay Leno and a few others who have more money than they know what to do with, who and why would anyone but an RC hobbyist even want one? It totally negates the whole point of motorcycle riding.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Could send it to Mars or the Moon and let it ride around up there!
Some people have töo much time and money on thier hands.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
It will probably eventually be used to test bikes initially and put them through their paces to make sure that they are safe for a human test rider to get on.

Once it is working properly you will probably see them in the " tool box" at MotoGP races and such.
If you have a bike that gets twitchy at top end and no one can figure it out, you throw the robot on it for a lap and have it run the bike in a way that is giving the human driver problems. You get back a ton of telemetry and perhaps an actual diagnostic of what is really wrong.

If the bike is unsafe the robot never needs to change his shorts and chances are you can pick him and bike up off the track and at least he will be salvageable for spare parts. Better and cheaper than loosing a Valentino Rossi or Marc Marquez. Cheaper than loosing a factory test driver who is proving out a new sport bike too. I'm sure the robot will bounce and slide quite nicely without the slightest complaint. When he stops he won't smell bad either.

I want one..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Crash test dummies for Motorcycles ? HUMM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts