Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There were 484,000 new Motorcycle's sold in the USA in 2014.
Of them 271,000 were Harley Davidsons... I wonder were Victory fall's in to the 213,00 bikes.. ??

·
Registered
886 Posts
HD likes to fudge profit numbers but one of the sales figures is out by 100000 in one of the articles.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/252220/worldwide-motorcycle-retail-sales-of-harley-davidson/

So far this year they are also shipping 7.9% more than they are selling. HD has dropped the forecast for shipments to prevent over-stocking and to keep the pricing up. Some big salary increases at the top over the last few years which need to be paid. That's from another financial article but who knows what will happen in the coming months.

·
Registered
132 Posts
There were 484,000 new Motorcycle's sold in the USA in 2014.
Of them 271,000 were Harley Davidsons... I wonder were Victory fall's in to the 213,00 bikes.. ??
Victory isn't shooting at the Harley numbers. Not yet at least. In the motorcycle market it's going to take a long time before Victory puts out the numbers even the metric manufactures do. If they can overcome one manufacture at a time they'll be happy. I'll bet in 10 years Victory and Indian might over take Suzuki (cruisers) and really begin biting into Honda (cruisers) in number of bikes sold. However, I'm seeing more and more new, 1 year old Harley's still sitting on the showroom than I use to. One sure fire way to tell how a brand is selling is by the dealer network they have established. As the market gets bigger, the number of dealers also increases. Portland currently has two Victory dealers and I can't imagine a third for a long time...

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Victory is number two behind HD in the heavy cruiser market already.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I am seeing more and more vic's on the road.

·
Registered
98 Posts
With in a 20 mile radius of me, three Honda dealers, one HD dealer. and one Victory dealer. A few other dealer for Japanese make, but no European makes.

Most of the riders in my age group have the Motor Co brand. But I have met more and more Vic rider this year. thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
With in a 20 mile radius of me, three Honda dealers, one HD dealer. and one Victory dealer. A few other dealer for Japanese make, but no European makes.

Most of the riders in my age group have the Motor Co brand. But I have meted more and more Vic rider this year. thumb up
You meted?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Meted

OK I was having my first cup of coffee, and couldn't get the past tense of meet out. I didn't think it looked right, but spell check did. Another senior moment.:ltr:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Señor, don't know of too many Spanish speaking folks that would know the difference between mete and meted...........👀

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I have meted mittens ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts