Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know everyone recommends Windex for cleaning the paint on my Highball but what about the motor? The motor doesn't look as nice and shiny black as what I would like.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've used the S100 Engine Brightener. Most Harley dealers carry the S100 line of products.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Hey Tav
Motul have a detailing spray here that is for chrome and fairing- it works great if you simply spray it on the engine once the engine has been cleaned. I pressure hose clean my bike but need to be careful that I dont get too close to the engine fins as the paint will peel near the edge (which can be touched up no problems though)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the replies. That's for the black wrinkle finish right?

·
Registered
511 Posts
The easiest cleaner is actually a Victory product, Black & Silver Engine Enhancer. I bought some and it is without a doubt the easiest product to use with the least amount of work. The best part is it really works as advertised.

Pure Victory Black & Silver Engine Enhancer is formulated to provide a long-lasting repair to chalked out, chemically burned engines and related parts. This product restores or preserves natural semi-flat black surfaces and provides factory fresh finish without greasy or oily appearance; low sheen. This product has maximum resistance to heat; Extreme durability.

Note: Use of harsh detergents to wash motorcycle minimizes durability.

Directions:

1. Make sure the engine is cool to the touch before application. For maximum appearance and durability the engine should be pre-cleaned with a non-residue cleaner, such as Pure Victory Engine Tire & Wheel cleaner.

2. Spray this product on the engine and allow to dry. Black & Silver Engine Enhancer will spray on white but dries clear.

3. Easily wipe excess from chrome ect.

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! I'll check if I can get it here in the UK.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Windex and water is meant to be the best for the Matt black on the highball I heard.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The easiest cleaner is actually a Victory product, Black & Silver Engine Enhancer. I bought some and it is without a doubt the easiest product to use with the least amount of work. The best part is it really works as advertised.

Pure Victory Black & Silver Engine Enhancer is formulated to provide a long-lasting repair to chalked out, chemically burned engines and related parts. This product restores or preserves natural semi-flat black surfaces and provides factory fresh finish without greasy or oily appearance; low sheen. This product has maximum resistance to heat; Extreme durability.

Note: Use of harsh detergents to wash motorcycle minimizes durability.

Directions:

1. Make sure the engine is cool to the touch before application. For maximum appearance and durability the engine should be pre-cleaned with a non-residue cleaner, such as Pure Victory Engine Tire & Wheel cleaner.

2. Spray this product on the engine and allow to dry. Black & Silver Engine Enhancer will spray on white but dries clear.

3. Easily wipe excess from chrome ect.
Thats the stuff I use.

The black engine on my 99 V92 - looks like brand new, shiny black.....just as good as the engine on my new XC.

It really works that simple.....just spray on.

Lasts about 6 months or so.....then just respray. Im still on the first bottle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts