Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the Victory motor oil works best . Some have said Amsol makes the clutch slip I don't need to find out for myself when the regular oil works

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Since this is the very first oil thread on this forum :ltr: I'll go ahead and say that Amsoil motorcycle oil is designed for wet clutch application. I don't know of any actual Amsoil users who say it slips. I run Amsoil and so far I've had no issues with slipping. In fact, it has made my engine noise just a tit bit quiter. I just changed over from Vic oil and suspected early break down of the oil, I sent it of for analysis just so I know the facts and not going off of pure assumption. I've not received the results yet, just got confirmation yesterday that they recieved the sample.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
If you've haven't tried anything other than Victory oil how would you know it works "best"?
Even if he had tried something else, how could he know without doing an autopsy on the engine?

Brand loyalty is what corporations aspire to. Well, looks like they got him.

·
13,003 Posts
I found the Victory motor oil works best . Some have said Amsol makes the clutch slip I don't need to find out for myself when the regular oil works
You don't say what year or model you have so we can assume you don't have a bike.

Amsoil is a great oil and does not cause clutches to slip.
Clutches slip cause guys have tried 10 different brands in stead of sticking with one. You can not charge brands every oil change.
Clutches slip cause a lot of riders have not found the proper way to use the clutch.
If you read your owners manual you''ll find out when to shift and letting out the clutch.
Yes I use Amsoil and have 40 thousand on clutch and it works just great under any load thumb up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could be right

As I said others said it slipped so since mine has not I figured don't mess with it. But I carry a trialer where ever I go it is a pop up. Since it has not slipped in 29700 miles in the 11 months I have had the bike traveling across the United States Twice and here and about to the major bike rallies last year it never slipped. That is what I am going from. I use Amsol in my gold wing and no it has not given me problems but I did not like the honda oils. That is the only test I have put on it and that is why I will most likely stay with it. My dealer told me to put any semisenthetic I want to so they made it sound like they don't care but one fellow that hot rods his bike said amsol slipped and that is all I am going off of. I don't work on a bike that is not broke I did change over from harleys so if it works don't fix it. And since I ride a bit would hate to find out while I am out in the middle of bum f%#k who knows where

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Since this is the very first oil thread on this forum
Riot! Let's talk about fuel controllers and 2" pullbacks and pipes for a change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts