Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 CCT has a new problem since I put in a new starter and the torque limiting clutch (part number 3234256). These parts were changed due to a loud squealing noise when starting the bike on cold mornings. The battery is the original but tested good at an auto center. The terminals are clean and tight. Sometimes when I push the starter button the motor is slow to turn over. Sometimes it will turn over slow, then stop spinning totally and then turn over normal until the motor fires. Other times it spins normal and fires right up. It has 45,000 miles. This problem only started to happened after I changed out the parts. I will probably get a new battery just to rule it out and they don’t last forever.

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Worked fine before the starter, works poorly with the starter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the words of wisdom. Unfortunately for me I was on a 2500 mile trip around the Gaspe Peninsula. The morning after I posted this the starter would not spin. I tried one of those jumper packs with the same result. I tried tapping on the starter with a wrench and was able to get the bike started. Tapping the starter got me through the day. The next day nothing worked and I had to have my son come get me to tow the bike home. I removed the suspect bad starter, disassembled my original Victory starter to grease it and clean it all up. I put the original one back on the bike. Started the bike about 20 times and it now works flawlessly. No more slow spinning starts! I think the starter I purchased was bad and I needlessly replaced the torque limiter. The old battery is working fine but I plan on replacing it next spring. Thanks again guys.

·
Premium Member
15,083 Posts
Thanks guys for the words of wisdom. Unfortunately for me I was on a 2500 mile trip around the Gaspe Peninsula. The morning after I posted this the starter would not spin. I tried one of those jumper packs with the same result. I tried tapping on the starter with a wrench and was able to get the bike started. Tapping the starter got me through the day. The next day nothing worked and I had to have my son come get me to tow the bike home. I removed the suspect bad starter, disassembled my original Victory starter to grease it and clean it all up. I put the original one back on the bike. Started the bike about 20 times and it now works flawlessly. No more slow spinning starts! I think the starter I purchased was bad and I needlessly replaced the torque limiter. The old battery is working fine but I plan on replacing it next spring. Thanks again guys.
Great news! Thanks for letting us know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts