Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Which lane was that truck turning right from????

·
Registered
124 Posts
I watched that 4 times and I am not sure why the guy went down. Looks like reasonable time to either avoid the truck or stop.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The guy on the crashed bike was most likely going too fast and not paying attention. If you watch the guy in the bright yellow vest while they are talking it seems he was trying to tell him that he was trying to motion him to slow down! You can even see him on the side doing that! The car on front of him was stopped to let the truck come out and make a "U" turn in front so they can enter the side street. I could see that in the video, I guess the biker wasnt watching close enough- seemed more concerned about avoiding the stopped car... I could be wrong, but thats what I deducted from watching the video a few times. Good post and video to learn from!

·
Registered
60 Posts
lucky man

Wow, that's a lucky man - very close to real disaster!

Watching it, not being in the situation, I seemed to see a clear out going around the back of the truck, but the rider seemed to be going too fast and seemed to panic, jumping on the brakes and loosing control of his bike. It's very easy to do if startled or taken by surprise, and naturally, watching the video is very different from being in the actual event - easy to see "what could have been done."

I wonder what I'd see if there were a video of my accident last summer - perhaps I'd see where I went wrong and what I could have done different? But then, in the moment, there were only split seconds to react, and in an instant it was all over.

I'm glad this fellow was not severely hurt.

Enjoy your ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts