Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to decide if a camera would be a good thing to have on a bike. Does anyone have experience with a camera you have installed?. Also any recommendations on a decent camera would be great. Nothing to expensive, nothing to cheap. Not looking for helmet cams. I'm looking for one that can easily be removed when needed and is powered using the 12v receptacles on the bike. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,285 Posts
I'm trying to decide if a camera would be a good thing to have on a bike. Does anyone have experience with a camera you have installed?. Also any recommendations on a decent camera would be great. Nothing to expensive, nothing to cheap. Not looking for helmet cams. I'm looking for one that can easily be removed when needed and is powered using the 12v receptacles on the bike. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Are you talking about a dash cam type camera that films all the time and overwrites the oldest data on an SD card or do you want something that will capture good quality videography? You can literally mount a dash cam on an XC or you can get a good quality action camera of your choosing to mount to your helmet so it captures where you look.

If you go the action cam route the GoPro is the one of the better options but I have captured fairly decent video with a lowly $40 action cam from Amazon. All of them have some degree of stabilization now. GoPro has the best if it's quality video you want to share.

These videos should give you some ideas. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mounting+action+cam+on+motorcycle

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about a dash cam type camera that films all the time and overwrites the oldest data on an SD card or do you want something that will capture good quality videography? You can literally mount a dash cam on an XC or you can get a good quality action camera of your choosing to mount to your helmet so it captures where you look.

If you go the action cam route the GoPro is the one of the better options but I have captured fairly decent video with a lowly $40 action cam from Amazon. All of them have some degree of stabilization now. GoPro has the best if it's quality video you want to share.

These videos should give you some ideas. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mounting+action+cam+on+motorcycle
BBob, I am looking for a camera that films all the time I am riding. I don't plan to downloading anything unless I come across an accident or something like that. The you tube page should keep me busy for quite a while. Thanks for the info and the you tube.

·
Premium Member
15,285 Posts
BBob, I am looking for a camera that films all the time I am riding. I don't plan to downloading anything unless I come across an accident or something like that. The you tube page should keep me busy for quite a while. Thanks for the info and the you tube.
In that case look for an inexpensive dash cam. I don't know if there are any marine style (water proof) cams like that but it would be worth looking into.

·
Premium Member
15,285 Posts
Something like this would work but the battery life is limited. It does look like it can be connected to a power port. Remember though; the power port on the XC is powered all the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Something like this would work but the battery life is limited. It does look like it can be connected to a power port. Remember though; the power port on the XC is powered all the time.

In that case look for an inexpensive dash cam. I don't know if there are any marine style (water proof) cams like that but it would be worth looking into.
I used the GoPro with64 gb , has a wild field of view, excellent pics day & night , too many different types of mounts , I mounted on my handlebars rt. side view is through the windshield you would bever kknow it. 1 thing if you have the tele tac/ speedo/ volt/ rpm etc. gage you have to remember to set your speedo on low light as the GoPro will pick up the source. steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts