1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
I guess he proved his point; You don't have to be stupid, but it helps. Damn good thing that rod didn't go through a bystander. He won't be doing burnouts with that bike for a while.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If the point he was trying to prove was that he could destroy a perfectly good tire, inhale massive amounts of carcinogens destroy his engine and put the safety of himself and everyone around him in jeopardy...then yes...HE PROVED HIS POINT!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sometimes that result is what the owner is looking for.
I wonder if he thought about the burns he no doubt suffered from the hot liquid fountain he got all over his legs and them pedal pushers.
Couldn't happen to a nicer jackanape.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
That airbag vest is pretty cool, I see a lot of potential there!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
My wife has been using those airbags for about 4 years; she is a professional cross country equine rider, and many now wear the vests. She is airborne on a horse about 21 feet on the wide double oxer jumps when she lifts off. The vest cord is connected to the saddle, and inflates when the cord is extended beyond a certain point. Something is going over the jump, but it may not be the horse and rider together--sometimes its just the rider! Spills happen........

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Kool Trev, thanks never seen a Honda blow up. Reminds me to check my lawn mower this year.thumb up
I saw a Suzuki GSXR blow up a whole lot faster than that. It happened in a dyno tent at an AMA race where people were paying to learn of their bike's power output (guess riding it doesn't tell some people enough). Goofballs running the service didn't have a fan to blow air onto the bikes on a hot July afternoon and as the deceased GSXR hit its stride in about 4th gear, it gave it's parting groan in the form of a tent full of steam.

Based on the amount of time that Honda ran at redline while that fool spun his tire, I'd say props should go out to Honda engineering.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Yes, Saddle, it was a long time at such high RPMs before that Honda heaved its guts. I was expecting it to grenade long before it did. I'm sure that piece of moto trash didn't do the rest of us any PR favors if there were a quantity of non rider, mature voters near that display. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts