Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I use the cheap HFreight one. Not perfect but it does the job.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I have a craftsman one and its a POS! has been since day one, or day two since the first one broke upon assembly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
321 Posts
My Cheapie HF $ 59.00 jack works great with WitchDoctors expensive Skidplate

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

Went with this because

A. compact and since we travel that's a good thing.
B. Multiduty- the saucer pops out and I'm left with the frame to pick up the bike. Nice to have a bike jack that I don't have to move the truck jack out of the way to get to.
C. 4500 pound rating is way overkill for the bike.
D. About a buck and a quarter on eBay.

downsides-

A. There is a bar that you insert when the jack is almost fully lifted to act as a stop. That's the only stop.
B. The first one I was sent arrived beat to hell. Jack may have been OK but they shipped it in it's box without an outer box or any padding and the trip was not kind to it. Second time was the charm.
C. Came with tiedown points but not tiedowns.

I have used it maybe a half dozen times. It's a good jack. Cross Country wobbles on it just like they do on any belly jack but I stuck a couple of plastic wedges between the bike and the jack frame and it stiffened right up.

Picked up the wifes Avalanche with it no sweat.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I have a silver/yellow Craftsman, got it about 5 years ago. It has been flawless. Lifts 1500 lbs and has automatic safety latches. It's very easy to use and very convenient.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
511 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy a J&S Jack, it is stable and works. Just buy a package of those hard rubber vice inserts sold at Lowe's for a shop table vice, they are magnetic. Place those at the front of the lift bars of the jack (left side of the bike when lift is under it) and the bike will lift level and not lean to the left.

The magnets in the inserts will keep them from moving on the jacks lift bars.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Red Craftsman. I have had it for 6 years as you can see it does a good job on the XC. I had to replace the hydraulic pump this year $12.00 + freight, it worked twice then went bad, they replaced the pump free and it has been working fine again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Craftsman brand scares me. That J&S Jack has an impressive video. After reading the compatibility chart...It is likely I will be getting a new Indian. I best call them for fit.

Big thx to all

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Love my J&S .. Only Bike ever had a problem lifting was a Goldwing and they make adapters for it .. Not that will ever need it anyway ..

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
J&S for me as well. Sturdy as hell and made in USA.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I was wondering where it was made. SOLD!!!

THX

Their video does look a bit deceiving. They don't show it being strapped down. With him jumping on the lifted bike, aren't there straps somewhere?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I bought one they had at Autozone and it works pretty well for my Kingpin. It's not real fancy but it works. It was $99.00 I think.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I was wondering where it was made. SOLD!!!

THX

Their video does look a bit deceiving. They don't show it being strapped down. With him jumping on the lifted bike, aren't there straps somewhere?
Don't jump for joy yet, while I have the J&S Jack and it is made in the USA, or rather assembled in the USA, the bottle jack is a china sourced bottle jack as I don't think there are any bottle jacks left that are built in America.

Other than that it is built in America and it is the best motorcycle cycle jack money can buy. There are cheaper jacks and in motorcycle jacks you do get what you pay for. You won't go wrong with a J&S Jack.

As for strapping the bike down you should always strap the bike down and this jack has places to use a strap but it is so steady that even my Cross Country Tour does not have to have a strap on it to jack it up to its fullest height to do work on it and clean it. Once you lock it down on its safety latches the bike is very stable. That is with the trunk still on the bike by the way.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Mine is the red and black craftsman, i assembled it and tried it out and when i stepped on the pedal to lower it it snapped off. I got it exchanged right away, but from about day one this one never did sit level, its actually quite a bit from level, and it lowers itself down slowly also. I havent liked craftsman for several years and didnt buy this one, i got it as an xmas gift so i kept it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
22 Posts

Went with this because

A. compact and since we travel that's a good thing.
B. Multiduty- the saucer pops out and I'm left with the frame to pick up the bike. Nice to have a bike jack that I don't have to move the truck jack out of the way to get to.
C. 4500 pound rating is way overkill for the bike.
D. About a buck and a quarter on eBay.

downsides-

A. There is a bar that you insert when the jack is almost fully lifted to act as a stop. That's the only stop.
B. The first one I was sent arrived beat to hell. Jack may have been OK but they shipped it in it's box without an outer box or any padding and the trip was not kind to it. Second time was the charm.
C. Came with tiedown points but not tiedowns.

I have used it maybe a half dozen times. It's a good jack. Cross Country wobbles on it just like they do on any belly jack but I stuck a couple of plastic wedges between the bike and the jack frame and it stiffened right up.

Picked up the wifes Avalanche with it no sweat.
I saw this one (or a similiar one) at home depot while searching for one:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Powerbuilt-4000-lb-Triple-Lift-Floor-Jack-620422/203116734#.Uhyuohv9Qrg

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Done deal. J&S. The Pitbull does look good but I ordered already.

And...the guy on the phone said it is not strapped down while the man jumps on it in the video.

A lot of good ratings for the Craftsman but also a lot of bad comments. Craftsman of old was the best. Nowadays it is a crapshoot on what you get.

Thx to all

·
Registered
511 Posts
Arguably the best out there. http://stores.pitbullbikershop.com/StoreFront.bok

This isn't a $150 jack, but you aren't getting a $150 jack either. Buy once and be done,
The PitBull is a good jack as well but the J&S Jack one ups it. There is a video on youtube that compares the PitBull, J&S and Harbor Freight jack and the J&S was the strongest jack of the three.

The PitBull suffers from them making the arms longer so it could lift a little higher which causes the frame to flex, that does not happen on the J&S Jack.

When you receive your J&S Jack you will be impressed with the way it is packaged for shipping as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts