Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a jack to maneuver my CC around the garage. I have found several in a wide range of prices. You guys have any thoughts?

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
I can't be of much help as my lift is no longer made. It has a great feature that I don't see on any other; a caster wheel on all four corners. That makes maneuvering so easy.
The Cross bikes don't have the flat bottom that you are used to on H-Ds, so a spacer is needed. I sell one with instructions for all of $7, shipping included.

·
13,003 Posts
If you don't have a floor like glass don't ever move your bike when its in the air.

Look at sears harbor freight even craigslist

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Pass on ones with short arms. The longer, the better.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Why pay more? I have one just like this, bought at harbor freight. It's also just like the one Konga63 posted in his link pictured on the far left. Casters on all four corners. It locks into place in several spots as you raise it up, you're not depending on the hydraulic cylinder to keep it raised in place. The back side has bolts that you tighten down that will make contact with you floor so it don't move around while you're working on it. Loosen the bolts to move the lift around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/331102815922?lpid=82

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have the Harbor freight one and it works great - use it on my quads also - think it was $69 on sale several years ago. Go online and get the 20 or 25% off coupon - on their (HF) website
cheers

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have the Harbor freight one and it works great - use it on my quads also - think it was $69 on sale several years ago. Go online and get the 20 or 25% off coupon - on their (HF) website
cheers
I also have the HF jack, by Pittsburgh. I have to put a block of wood under my kickstand, as my bike is lowered, but it works great!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am just looking for one to raise it up to work on and maybe pull it out away from the wall a foot or to. Looked at the ones Craftsman makes. Their professional (yellow) looks like a good one. OTC makes one too but looks a lot like the red one Craftsman sells only $200 more.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
I've messed around with the HF and Sears (Red) with my HD. When I got the XC up on it I was not comfortable with working on it in the air, much less moving it around. I bought the J&S 2 months ago. BELIEVE the HYPE, The J&S is everything that it says! The only problem I have with it is it rolls so easily that I have to make SURE the threaded stops have contact with the floor before I start jacking or the jack will roll away from me as soon as the wheels get off the ground. Not really a problem, since it's amazing how easy it rolls. Just something I have to remember with a sloped (slightly) garage floor.
It is not cheap, that's for sure.... But neither is your bike....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
:ltr: and can you guess who made the commercial...uh...I mean video.

They had to knock that HF jack a lot to pry people away from spending little coin vs big coin. Now I don't disagree that the others are better but the real question is will the HF jack meet your needs. The answer is yes. Don't buy the garbage they said about the HF jack in the video. I question how tight they got the bolts on it when they assembled it. Maybe the conveniently forgot to tighten them all? I own one and several on this forum also own one. I've used it countless times to work on my bike and clean my bike. It will have no problem raising and holding your bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the input guys. I tried a friends yellow craftsman out. Seemed to handel it OK. Pretty stable. Waitin for them to come on sale. Have a good Sears store in town. Not much else other than a NAPA. And theirs were over priced and looked alot like the red Craftsmans.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The aluminum craftsman is pretty wobbly and I had one crap out on me. If I find the need for a jack I'm going for the J&S.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
742 Posts
:ltr: and can you guess who made the commercial...uh...I mean video.

They had to knock that HF jack a lot to pry people away from spending little coin vs big coin. Now I don't disagree that the others are better but the real question is will the HF jack meet your needs. The answer is yes. Don't buy the garbage they said about the HF jack in the video. I question how tight they got the bolts on it when they assembled it. Maybe the conveniently forgot to tighten them all? I own one and several on this forum also own one. I've used it countless times to work on my bike and clean my bike. It will have no problem raising and holding your bike.
Good insight re. the HF jack. Is your KP solid when raised on your HF? I had my 'Pot up on a friends yellow Craftsman and found the arms to be too close together for my tastes. The bike just didn't seem stable enough when raised.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought a cycle/atv jack from Northern Tool some years ago for my VTX. It seems to work fine on the XC. There is a spot the arms fit that holds the bike securely. No adapter or spacer needed. Not sure if they still sell the model.

Rob

·
Registered
190 Posts
Went to HF today and the steel framed MC jack is on sale for $99. With the 20% off online coupon it's a great deal at $80. Sale ends 5/31, I will be getting one before then. It is typical HF aesthetically, but I think it will work for what I will use it for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts