Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
"Most people use lawn mowers at acceptable hours. Not a lot of people are cutting their grass at 3 a.m.”
I wonder if this putz has ever been to NYC and heard the garbage being collected @ 4:30 A.M. . . .

. . . or a freight train passing through Houston @ 2:00 in the morning.

·
Registered
693 Posts
More often than not, these laws are put on the books only to subdue the worst of the group. Much of MN has a law like that, and one city that's notorious for having bikers ride through have a pretty strict one. I've rideen through the city MANY times on my old Meanie which had quite the set of pipes on it. Even been at a redlight next to a LEO and ridden by many. Chances are, the reason they didn't pull me over was because I wasn't a D-Bag blipping it at intersections waiting or gunning it through town.

·
Registered
567 Posts
More often than not, these laws are put on the books only to subdue the worst of the group. Much of MN has a law like that, and one city that's notorious for having bikers ride through have a pretty strict one. I've rideen through the city MANY times on my old Meanie which had quite the set of pipes on it. Even been at a redlight next to a LEO and ridden by many. Chances are, the reason they didn't pull me over was because I wasn't a D-Bag blipping it at intersections waiting or gunning it through town.
We just got back from Americade and there were roadblocks set up specifically for motorcycles...LEO's checked license, insurance, registration, helmets (for DOT certification) and eye protection... and then we had to drive past another patrol car with a sound meter set up.....if you went "over" they wrote tickets to the sum of $250.....no blipping of throttles, no horsing it through residential areas....go around a curve and there they were......wac

·
Registered
693 Posts
We just got back from Americade and there were roadblocks set up specifically for motorcycles...LEO's checked license, insurance, registration, helmets (for DOT certification) and eye protection... and then we had to drive past another patrol car with a sound meter set up.....if you went "over" they wrote tickets to the sum of $250.....no blipping of throttles, no horsing it through residential areas....go around a curve and there they were......wac
Interesting. Did anyone fight it given they were singling out only motorcycles and not all vehicles that may have noise violations?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Interesting. Did anyone fight it given they were singling out only motorcycles and not all vehicles that may have noise violations?
Believe it or not the State got Federal funds for "Motorcycle only" roadblocks.....using the excuse of checking for DOT compliant helmets....The AMA and a few other Bike groups are currently fighting it in court but so far it stands.....My pipes are louder than stock but not to the point of being obnoxious.......thumb up

·
Registered
693 Posts
Believe it or not the State got Federal funds for "Motorcycle only" roadblocks.....using the excuse of checking for DOT compliant helmets....The AMA and a few other Bike groups are currently fighting it in court but so far it stands.....My pipes are louder than stock but not to the point of being obnoxious.......thumb up
Wow. You'd think the main push would be the roadblocks were set up to check for DOT compliant helmets so that's ALL they could check. And if they're checking required safety, again...cages have the same thing with seat belts and airbags. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm just waiting to get pulled over here in Edmonton myself. Although my pipes are not near as loud as many I see and hear, they are louder than stock. We have some RIDICULOUS enforcement practices here in this city. I was pulled over more than once for my Dodge diesel pickup exhaust....with STOCK exhaust! Even though I was able to show the officer that I was WELL within the legal limits he still found it fit to write me a ticket and cost me the time and effort to go to court to get it thrown out. It continues to happen here daily....to many people I know personally.

Bikes do get targeted here more than other vehicles and I for one get pretty annoyed seeing these cases over and over. Now apparently my Peterbilt with 8" straight pipes rolling thru town with the engine brake barking on full isn't a problem......but riding a bike at the legal posted limit and obeying all laws is the end of the world.....

......just my 2 cents worth. LOL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am getting new pipes for my vegas, Does anyone know if RPW Thor 2-1 are louder than Bassani 2-1 pipes. Not looking for tickets.

Richie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts