Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I just signed up for a motorcycle riding course! It's with TEAM Arizona, 3 days of in class and closed and open range riding practice. Once I get done, I'll just have to head to the MVD and get my motorcycle license!

One step closer to my Vegas. :D

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Hey all!

I just signed up for a motorcycle riding course! It's with TEAM Arizona, 3 days of in class and closed and open range riding practice. Once I get done, I'll just have to head to the MVD and get my motorcycle license!

One step closer to my Vegas. :D
Good luck to you!!!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just went through the class last week. I've had my license for about 14yrs, but had to take the class to be "official" and be able to ride as a military member now by regs. Anyways, if you've never been on a bike it's great. If you do know how to ride a bit already it is painfully painfully boring. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...I ride a bicycle to work, but that's about it. I rode my friend's scooter a couple times. So I've got the whole "balance" thing down pretty well. But, shifting, counter-steering etc...those are all new concepts to me. Looking forward to learning, though. :)

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I rode a total of maybe 1 hour before I took the class in April of 2006. I bought my first bike which is my 2006 Jackpot in May 2006 and never looked back. That class has payed for itself a few times over already especially learning counter steering!! Counter steering kept me out of two high speed sweepers that I was getting up close and personal with the freeway divider.

Once you get your bike, practice, practice, practice. Develop a close and intimate relationship with your bike and learn the dynamics of it!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts