Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, spent the day at the 2018 motorcycle show here and toured all the different manufacturers that were there. I must say of all the new touring and cruisers that I sat on the only one that came even slightly close to the comfort of my Victory Vision was the new Yamaha Star Venture, it has a really nice feel to it and all the features of a loaded Goldwing for much less. My only issue was it sits lower to the ground and cornering would not be great.
I sat on the new Goldwing and although the new look is great and had the new front end suspension it had less legroom than previous models and the rear trunk was smaller and no real rain protection for your legs.
The BMW was nice and the front floorboard position was interesting again no rain/wind protection for your legs.
The Harly Roadglide was so top heavy and uncomfortable that I would never consider it.
The Kawasaki Concorse was to sporty and still had a feel of a sport bike over comfort for touring.

In the end I left the show feeling proud knowing that I have one of the best bikes ever made for comfort and ride quality. With my height at 6'4 the options are slim.

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
They had their thinking caps on when they thought up that Star Venture. I would definitely demo ride one some day.

·
13,263 Posts
Are bikes getting to many whistles and bells.
I don't understand some of the riding positions they put us in like the BMW even at times the vision makes me feel to spread out

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sad thing is the owner of one of the largest Polaris motorcycle dealer chains in this part of the country (Cycleworks) was there and he was still clearly upset about the loss of Victory. He sold more Victorys than any other bike and sales were strong. Now he's struggling trying to sell Indians as the ticket price is much higher.
I feel bad for him.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
The sad thing is the owner of one of the largest Polaris motorcycle dealer chains in this part of the country (Cycleworks) was there and he was still clearly upset about the loss of Victory. He sold more Victorys than any other bike and sales were strong. Now he's struggling trying to sell Indians as the ticket price is much higher.
I feel bad for him.
History will show that Polaris shot itself in the foot a little over a year ago.

Reactions: BP6666VR
1 - 5 of 5 Posts