Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
By no means condoning either activity .....

In the lane split vid .... It's a richard-head move to the guy who opened his door , knowing that the bike was coming up in between....

Peter

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
What is it which those crazy Russians anyway? If they are not crashing vehicles, they're crashing another country's borders. Sheesh!

·
Registered
851 Posts
The motorcyclist was not lane splitting, was was passing. From the Motorcycle Industry Counsel:
Lane splitting (also called "lane sharing") refers to the technique of riding a motorcycle between two adjacent lanes of traffic heading in the same direction
Even so he was going too fast in relation to the adjacent lane of traffic.

Personally IF the driver knew the biker was coming and purposefully opened then door then he should be arrested for assault.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
In the lane split vid .... It's a richard-head move to the guy who opened his door , knowing that the bike was coming up in between....Peter
COMPLETE and utter NONSENSE. WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN but more CLOSELY this time. The trucker did not INTENTIONALLY try and take the biker out.

The biker was CLEARLY in the wrong on more than one way here. It appears that traffic was "backed up" due to an accident. It was the IDIOT biker who was RECKLESSLY trying to ZOOM past and BETWEEN oncoming traffic (strike #1). It was NOT "lane splitting". It's illegal passing (Strike #2). IMHO he "got what he deserved" and hopefully his ride was damaged sufficiently enough to make him "think twice about attempting a similar bonehead move" the next time.:rolleyes:

The girl riding with him filming it should have tapped him on the shoulder and told him to QUIT PUTTING MY LIFE AT RISK!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
COMPLETE and utter NONSENSE. WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN but more CLOSELY this time. The trucker did not INTENTIONALLY try and take the biker out.

The biker was CLEARLY in the wrong on more than one way here. It appears that traffic was "backed up" due to an accident. It was the IDIOT biker who was RECKLESSLY trying to ZOOM past and BETWEEN oncoming traffic (strike #1). It was NOT "lane splitting". It's illegal passing (Strike #2). IMHO he "got what he deserved" and hopefully his ride was damaged sufficiently enough to make him "think twice about attempting a similar bonehead move" the next time.:rolleyes:

The girl riding with him filming it should have tapped him on the shoulder and told him to QUIT PUTTING MY LIFE AT RISK!

Yes it looks like the truck and did not intentionally opened the door.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Though it is rather stupid and risky as you can see, in my perspective the truck driver intentionally opened his door... he obviously was not keeping up with the traffic in front of him and was ticked that the MC was able to proceed at a faster rate of speed... see, there is more than one perspective.

My greater concern is that any of you would really think that the rider "had it coming". What is wrong with you? Nobody has that coming, no matter that you wouldn't do it. Shame on you for thinking in such an awful manner... you are a part of the moral problem in this world today!!!

I can just see you fools riding in the passing lane and flipping off those who want to get past you...

·
Registered
539 Posts
He might not have deserved it but it was a stupid and dangerous move and that is what happens sometimes when you do stupid things. Not sure why the driver opened the door, but you can see him leaning out. I doubt he would have done that if he knew the bike was coming. Maybe he was going to spit or pour something on the ground. I agree with others, I don't call that lane splitting that was passing.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Not my classic definition of lane splitting either but then again, not my country, not my highways or my road rules. Many of us have seen traffic at work in other countries and who can not think of a zillion ways that as Americans we think other countries road rules are nuts. Yet they manage.

When you get on a motorcycle and leave the yard you have joined a whole subset of motorists that other motorists consider nuts. Then you may be ATTGAT and call the helmetless rider nuts. The helmetless guy pilots his 100 hp machine past a Burgman on the highway and thinks he is nuts. The Burgman looks at his speedo while 100 horse guy goes by and estimates that 100 is going 100 so that makes him nuts.

That guy started out behind a honey wagon. How many of us would remain behind a honey wagon? He may have been entirely within his rights passing crazy. I dunno. Maybe the trucker was entirely within his rights bitchslapping him with his door. I dunno.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts