Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 Kingpin with a 100 cin motor. The bike starts fine when cold but once its warm the bike is stalling at idle. It struggles to keep the RPMs over 500 at idle. It runs fine when on the throttle. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Would cleaning the throttle body be a potential solution?

I did do a fuel pump pressure test and it was 49 psi.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Clean

My Victory has the 106 engine. I have read on here that cleaning can help. I personally would check for a vacuum leak first. Your bike is getting up there in years and rubber likes to crack. You can do something as simple as get a squirt bottle(old Windex bottle) full of water and spray down all the rubber intake rubber parts with the bike idling. If there is a crack the engine ought to change speed a little when it sucks the water into the crack(s). Then replace the cracked rubber piece if you find one. I have all ready had to do this on my Victory and it is a 2011 with 41K miles on it. Good luck. NOTE: If you try the squirt bottle with a more flammable liquid in it, the bike can catch fire, thus I recommend the water.

·
13,033 Posts
pull the cheese wedges and with flash light look for cracks in rubber.
Look on both sides. There are vacuum caps that can crack and fall off too. Might be best to pull tank and give it a good look see

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I finally got a the bike taken apart and cleaned the throttle body. It was pretty dirty and once cleaned and started the idle steadied at 1500 and so had to take idle out to get back down to 1000. I was able to inspect the the throttle body adapter and it had 2 small cracks. Can I replace the throttle body adapter without removing the air box? I tried but was unable to remove the air box.

Attachments

·
13,033 Posts
there getting bad. Don't know where you live But you should be able to make it till the snow flies then replace. Am sure your dealer doesn't have the parts in stock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts