Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming the motorcycle is in perfect restored condition, how much do you think a salvage title will affect the value of an "05" to "08 Victory?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
It should effect it a bit. If its a salvage the price is usually a lot less than a comparable used model.

Saying that, a lot of insurance companies total a bike that has no frame damage.

Personally unless I plan on cutting the bike for customizing I would never buy a salvage titled bike.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Assuming the motorcycle is in perfect restored condition, how much do you think a salvage title will affect the value of an "05" to "08 Victory?
A general rule for ANY salvaged vehicle is that they are worth HALF of what an un-damaged vehicle would sell for. Since a bike's title is directly tied to its frame, it would be VERY important to understand WHY the bike was titled before you can determine its potential value.

Start at 50% of Kelly Blue Book or other valuations and then come up from that (slightly) if it is not frame damage. If there is frame damage, the ONLY "real" option is to make a custom out of it and doing that you may end up carving up the frame anyway.

·
Premium Member
13,323 Posts
In some states there can be problems registering a salvage titled bike. Check your state laws to be sure you're ok and if you sell it the next person is ok. Crazy as it sounds; I've heard of some places allowing one registration on a salvaged bike but not two. Doesn't make any sense to me but that's the way it is in some states.

It could be because sometimes the first person won't tell the second person it was a salvaged bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts