Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is a great and some serious talent. Love the RC car, that alone is not easy to control them at speed for any length of distance.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Both that road and that track are in my back yard, about 100 miles east of Portland. The road is private, but open for special events and rental. If you're wondering why there are none of those trees Oregon is famous for, that area is on the east side of the Cascade Range, which is arid because those mountains hold back the maritime climate that keeps the western side green and wet. The National Geographic has written that Oregon has more geological variety within its borders than any other state and many countries.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Both that road and that track are in my back yard, about 100 miles east of Portland. The road is private, but open for special events and rental.
I rode that a couple of times at a Sportbike Northwest event. Free track time is kewl.

If you're wondering why there are none of those trees Oregon is famous for, that area is on the east side of the Cascade Range, which is arid because those mountains hold back the maritime climate that keeps the western side green and wet. The National Geographic has written that Oregon has more geological variety within its borders than any other state and many countries.
That's very interesting. It is crazy how the country side goes from lush and green near on the Columbia river near the pacific to a psuedo desert further inland. Our ride took us over by the faux Stonehenge.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Saddlebag,
What's even more strange is those arid lands east of the Cascades used to be tropical jungle. Fossils of jungle animals abound there - there's even a town named Fossil. The change came about as the Cascades rose up from once was flat terrain and held back the marine climate. OMG! You mean to tell me, RICZ, that things change on this planet? But we can stop that from happening if we get rid of our incandescent bulbs, right?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Saddlebag,
What's even more strange is those arid lands east of the Cascades used to be tropical jungle. Fossils of jungle animals abound there - there's even a town named Fossil. The change came about as the Cascades rose up from once was flat terrain and held back the marine climate.
Shame, I certainly prefer the climate on the west side of the mountains.

OMG! You mean to tell me, RICZ, that things change on this planet? But we can stop that from happening if we get rid of our incandescent bulbs, right?
Humans are not likely to stop land perturbations from occurring over millions of years, but they are certainly capable of doing a fine job of wrecking their ecology and atmospheric chemistry. No shortage of examples of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts