Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I started a yoga class a week ago and have gone every day so far. I think I am getting addicted.

Maybe it's just me, but I am thinking motorcycle riding and yoga aren't exactly the first two pasttimes one would picture the same person doing. So it made me want to ask - what other hobby/pasttime do you have that might surprise us?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well... the wife does yoga... but I'm pretty much into sports, techie stuff like computers (I know she'll never leave me unless it's for an IT guy...), photography, sitting around...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
My only real hobby is work and I am a self confessed workaholic. I rarely watch anything longer than 30 minute TV shows because I can't sit still much longer than that. I clean my bike a lot. My wife and kids never have dirty windows on their cars. My yard is cut at least 3 times per week and when I'm bored I vacume my garage.

If yoga gives you more energy I would stay far away from it but if it let's you relax I may try it. That is try it until I see something else that needs to be done or I realize that I have zero flexibility.

Maybe I'm just hyper and have the attention span of a goldfish...

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha - you sound like my husband! He can't sit still to save his life, and the house and yard are better for it.

Paradoxically, yoga is giving me more energy AND relaxing me at the same time! I am less stressed at work, sleeping better but waking up earlier and easily, which if you knew me you would know I have never used those two words in the same sentence when discussing morning,

·
Registered
263 Posts
I try and choose interests that compliment my motorcycling interest...like video production. I thought about doing yoga at one point, but I figured it might be dangerous trying to do those poses going down the freeway at 70 mph. :crzy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I do yoga as well but only as part of my P90X routine. First time I tried it I thought I had an easy night ahead of me.... my God was I wrong!! :ltr:

Other than working out, I am into computers, old cars (have a 63 Lincoln and a 60 F100), glass artist, jack of all trades master of absolutely none ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I smoke excessively and drink gallons of coffee. Outside of that I enjoy brooding, and telling people their useless unproductive members of society. I couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I smoke excessively and drink gallons of coffee. Outside of that I enjoy brooding, and telling people their useless unproductive members of society. I couldn't be happier.
:ltr: I think you might be my ex...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
So I started a yoga class a week ago and have gone every day so far. I think I am getting addicted.

Maybe it's just me, but I am thinking motorcycle riding and yoga aren't exactly the first two pasttimes one would picture the same person doing. So it made me want to ask - what other hobby/pasttime do you have that might surprise us?
I don't know how surprising it might be, but when it's cold, I enjoy playing an amplifier using a slab of wood with some strings on it. I also like perusing the MC mags to see how all of next year's toys stack up.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I spend most of my free time boating. I do a lot of poker runs and speed shootouts. When my crew can't get off work to help, I'm out on the bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts