Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinning the bikes from my garage after buying one too many toys (four motorcycles and a project car are a bit too much for my 2 car garage). As a result, my '11 Cross Roads is going to go to a new home while I keep the '16 Cross Country 8 Ball.

There are some accessories I want to move from the XR to the XC and the most complicated appears to be the cruise control.

In essence, I am moving Victory P/N 2877750 from one bike to the other.

I have read all the threads I can find that say that the installation of the cruise is a big pain in the butt. However, I have also read that there is a way to remove the module from under the seat without removing the exhaust, wheel, suspension etc.

Does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions for the 2877750 kit?
Does anyone have any diagrams or instructions on how to "flat rate" the job so that the teardown is minimized?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I love the Cross Roads bikes, a lot. I'd consider getting one in a heartbeat if the need arose.

But I'd never consider one without the factory cruise control. Same with people who remove and sell their Cross Country Tour trunk and even the lowers. They no longer have a CCT to sell, they have a CC with heated grips and a heated seat. Two nice things to have but are worth $0 extra on a bike that's now a CC.

IMHO and this is worth what you're paying for it: If your 2011 CR came from the factory with cruise control I'd reconsider removing it. There are plenty of cruise control parts available from crashed/parted out bikes. Removing any standard factory attribute could further ruin the already poor resale value.

If I were you, I'd sell both your CR and the CC 8Ball as is and buy a new or used CCT. Then you'd have some of the best and most sought after factory pieces already installed. Last week a saw a brand new left over 2016 white/gray CCT for $15K. And I fully suspect the dealer would move off that price to sell their last Victory. The white/gray CCT was at the dealer in Huntsville, AL. I'd guess they take trades as well.

Removing a simple bolt on accessory is a much different story. But I'd not remove anything a prospective buyer would expect your CR to have on it. These bikes are hard enough to sell now without adding extra drama to the situation by removing expected items. If your CR didn't come from Victory with cruise you basically have a very nice option on it now. In that case, you flip the coin and take your chances.

My $0.02

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I cant believe there are still left overs out there, all the ones we got our hands on sold out in less then two weeks and I'm pretty sure we had 25 extra bikes when they got released to us, they flew out of here.

·
12,983 Posts
as far as the cruise control box goes I'm guessing its from a GM cars. If you can see your cruise box and have a GM car open the hood and compare.
I'm thinking you should check and see if you the wiring harness first

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMHO and this is worth what you're paying for it: If your 2011 CR came from the factory with cruise control I'd reconsider removing it. There are plenty of cruise control parts available from crashed/parted out bikes. Removing any standard factory attribute could further ruin the already poor resale value.
Mark,
I'd love to install a new system on the XC. However, I cannot find a kit for sale anywhere. Looking on Ebay, the cost of the individual used parts far exceeds the cost of the entire kit.

Left with the choice of having nothing on the XC or pulling the parts over from the XR, regrettably, I'd rather move it over.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Mark,
I'd love to install a new system on the XC. However, I cannot find a kit for sale anywhere. Looking on Ebay, the cost of the individual used parts far exceeds the cost of the entire kit.

Left with the choice of having nothing on the XC or pulling the parts over from the XR, regrettably, I'd rather move it over.
There are a couple of guys who regularly post on the Facebook Victory pages who sell parts from wrecked Victory's. I see them listing some sought after parts all the time. On eBay, I find more generic items I have no need or desire for than anything specific for a Victory. For me, searching for Victory Cross Country ..... items on eBay becomes a tiresome list of mirrors, brake pads, grips etc etc etc. But I completely get the need for cruise control. I have nerve and tendon damage with the two middle fingers on my right hand. If it weren't for cruise control, I'd have a very difficult time riding a motorcycle more than 50 miles.

I loath Facebook and nearly everything they stand for. But the reality of things is the most active Victory Motorcycles communities are their. There are several different pages regarding Victory motorcycles, the owners and new/used parts for sale or wanted.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
That's just flat out funny right their! I should have said the two inside fingers on my right hand. Heck, even my right thumb has issues from time to time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My riding buddy has the 2014 matte gray XC which did not have cruise. A few years back he bought the cruise kit and we installed it in a couple of hours. To mount the unit under the seat and inside the back half of the frame we followed the Witchdoctors lowering link install instructions to get access to that area. There was no need to remove the exhaust, swing arm, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As an update, I was able to find a kit on Craigslist all the way out in St. Louis MO (I live near Detroit, MI).

The seller was willing to ship it to me as long as I paid shipping.

It took a several hours to disassemble, install and re-assemble. Once everything was buttoned up, it worked flawlessly.

I'm glad I didn't remove the system from my XR.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
As an update, I was able to find a kit on Craigslist all the way out in St. Louis MO (I live near Detroit, MI).

The seller was willing to ship it to me as long as I paid shipping.

It took a several hours to disassemble, install and re-assemble. Once everything was buttoned up, it worked flawlessly.

I'm glad I didn't remove the system from my XR.
Was it new old stock or someone took a kit off a bike?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was it new old stock or someone took a kit off a bike?
It was actually a new one that the guy had purchased but did not install. I got the impression that when he realized how much work it was he changed his mind. It was in the original box with all of the parts still in their un-opened bags.

I was really lucky!

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
It was actually a new one that the guy had purchased but did not install. I got the impression that when he realized how much work it was he changed his mind. It was in the original box with all of the parts still in their un-opened bags.

I was really lucky!
Thats the best way to get stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts