Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for over a year...but I recon I gotta have 5 posts now to open up the whole board, so here is my intro..

I was born the son of an Alabama sharecropper. Moved to harlem and was able to open a dry cleaners. Now I own 7 drycleaners. My wife Weezey, my son Lionel and I have moved to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky.

OK really, I ride a XCT, owned a KP before that and turn wrenches on airplanes for a living...but the other story was way more interesting.

3 more to go......

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Welcome aboard. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome to the VF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome aboard. Glad you're "movin on up" to an XCT... of course.
I don't know...I see the XCT as a lateral move. Don't get me wrong, I love the bike...but selling my King Pin will go down as one of the dumbest things I've ever done (well, okay..I've done dumber things...many many dumber things...but you get the point). I miss that bike something fierce. Moved to the XCT because me and wife were doing a lot of weekend type touring rides, and we needed the comfort for her and that massive storage. On a weekend trip to AR, we swapped bikes for a bit with a friend on a Vision...and for her it was all over...we bought the XCT the following weekend.

Both the XCT and KP are great bikes...which is why I've come to the conclusion that a married man needs two bikes in the garage. A solo hot rod and touring machine. It's just the way it's supposed to be.

·
Registered
790 Posts
No argument there. Most of us ride the larger bikes AFTER our smaller bikes, for storage and we are getting to a point in our life we want more comfort. I guess that's another way of saying we're getting older... I mean.... more mature... I mean we want companionship when we ride. Oh well, you get the point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts