Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a great run with my 07 Hammer Premium, I might be moving on to something very different. I already have a new Indian, and that bike kind of fills the Cruiser/Touring Cruiser spot in my garage. I also have some cool vintage bikes that I can use to hop amongst nearby watering holes.

After almost 10 good years, I am looking swap my Hammer for something more butt friendly- likely an FJR or something sport touring focused.

My question for the group- what the hell do these things sell for after mother polaris ditched us? KBB shows about $6500, and some loons on ebay ask almost 10k for one with the options and condition of my bike? What the heck do I list it at?

·
Registered
321 Posts
You'll be sitting on it for a while at 6500 or more.. The bottom fell out and it is definitely a buyers market on the Vics now. I was totally frustrated at how little I wound up having to sell my Hammer for.

Reactions: adamnorthup

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Look up cycle trader or craigslist for current prices. Sad to say an eleven year old dead brand probably won't have much of a resale. You didn't say mileage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You sound like me. I have several vintage bikes to ride, my user name should tell you what I have as far as the vintage bike are concerned. We also had two KingPins, an 09 and my girlfriends 2011. We decided to sell the 11(she wasn't riding as much) and kept the 09. I picked up a 2013 FJR1300. A lot of bike for $7,800 and only 10,000 miles. I think about selling my Vic but I really like it and you cant get much for them. If you can keep the Vic that would be the best. The FJR is quite refined compaired to the Vic and the 145hp will put a smile on your face.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my bike has about 12000 miles on it.... all but 800 come from me. The first owner had it for a year or two. I added a lot to it, chrome, Vic pipes and windshield, lloydz torque tubes and fuel controller, detachable vic bags, more chrome stuff, etc. Hard to let it go, but time marches on.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look up cycle trader or craigslist for current prices. Sad to say an eleven year old dead brand probably won't have much of a resale. You didn't say mileage.
All true...

On CT they are all over the place on price, and apparent quality. 81 hammers for sale, ranging from 4k to over 10k.

·
Registered
103 Posts
So my bike has about 12000 miles on it.... all but 800 come from me. The first owner had it for a year or two. I added a lot to it, chrome, Vic pipes and windshield, lloydz torque tubes and fuel controller, detachable vic bags, more chrome stuff, etc. Hard to let it go, but time marches on.
Problem with most bikes is the fact you are always tempted to add a lot of things after the initial purchase. You have had the bike for a while and got your use and enjoyment from the things you have done to it. I have also noticed prices are all over the place. However the ones that are selling are the low priced ones. Good luck with the sale of yours.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All good points... I will likely list it soon, well below the 6500 mentioned. I will also circle back to this forum first, in case anyone here wants to give it a good home --- at a low price.

Anyone can PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Problem with most bikes is the fact you are always tempted to add a lot of things after the initial purchase. You have had the bike for a while and got your use and enjoyment from the things you have done to it. .
I had a few jap bikes and NEVER did anything to them, but NOW ?¿ PFFFFFFF it seems these bikes are specially designed to be modified ... My vic is a money milking cow ... Ha ha ha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Like has been posted, the resale of Victory Motorcycles is now typically between Barely OK and awful. Sadly, just about everything you added to your bike will return next to nothing extra. If you can and if you have the oem items, put them back on and sell the 'extras' for extra cash outside the bike sale.

Perhaps consider selling something else that actually has some resale left in it and keep the Victory. A Victory with 12K miles is IMHO, not even broken in yet. SO why sell it, enjoy it for many years yet to come.

·
Premium Member
2016 Cross Country Tour - gloss black
83 Posts
I think the motorcycle market, as a whole may be down as well. I’ve been trying to sell my 2006 Suzuki Boulevard M109R for over a year now, currently posted at $5,500 with 10k miles. I’ve only gotten really low offers.

2016 Cross Country Tour, gloss black
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk app

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
OP, if you like keeping some vintage bikes around then maybe you should keep your Victory! The brand is no more so it is now a "classic". I am actually looking at getting a Vstrom but my XR is not going anywhere.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I think you have it priced just right, especially with the touring accessories. Hopefully it won't sit too long.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
While Craigslist certainly is full of spammers, I've had great luck buying and selling on it. I've bought three and sold three bikes on it. You just have to ONLY deal with someone who wants to come see the bike in person. 100% of the replies asking to buy the bike without actually coming to see I are scams. When you couple Craigslist with Search Tempest, it is a great way scour Craigslist across the entirenation looking for a bike or any item to buy.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What about that website Rumbleon.com? I'm not suggesting or endorsing them, I only noticed them because targeted ads for them have begun popping up on my facebook newsfeed.

I haven't tested out their pricing system, I don't know if it's a ripoff scam like webuyanycar.com is for cars.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Last year I was getting tires done at a local dealer. The day I picked my CC up he was having an event. This is a smaller dealership but he typically has a lot of used bikes. He still had a good although incomplete line up of new Vic MC's for sale. As I was paying there were two guys at the other counter asking if the had any CC bikes for sale. The sales guy said nope, have not had any for a while. As I went out to get to my MC there were a couple guys hovered around my MC. One actually looked like he was about to sit on it (would have pissed me off). I politely approached and said, sorry fella's that one is spoken for.

They turned out to be with the other two guys and we chatted for a min. One of them really wanted a CC. Said if I was to sell he would be interested. I told him I was years from that and good luck looking. I told him I had to buy new back in 2013 because I could not find a used one. Might be even harder now.. I am hoping supply and demand will help me when I get ready to sell but honestly, I am 59 now. My CC has 14K, who will be done first? I think when I am done the MC will be so any decent offer at that point and I will be happy to let the next guy enjoy it.

Bill

·
Registered
211 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts