Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait to leave this horrible Chicagoland winter and get to NC. Just looking for your dealer experiences. Are they knowledgable, friendly and do they do good work? I here lots of good things about Costal Vic in SC but looking for more local dealer for those quick hitters. Also, any fun rides, places to check out, restaurants, eateries, pubs, etc...

'13 Black XC
Bassani 2>1
Lloydz intake and VM-1
T.V.S. tuned PC-V

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I don't blame you for bailing out of Chi Town, my parents did it back in ought 49 and I think its one of the bast things they did other than having me in ought 36. Although I'm in the opposite corner, I love the riding in the SE, especially the mountains of northern GA and the areas just north of there. Flawless winding pavement with nary a decreasing radius. As for food, park it under any sign that sez BBQ. Most foods in that area are designed to kill you,but taste soooo good in the process. Nothing like having a pulled pork san and a slice of pay-kahn pah for lunch. :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Vic dealer in Raleigh. Pretty good group of guys. Lots of great places to ride and eat. You'll want to plan out your routes. I-40 through there is a beast at certain times with traffic. Secondary roads are great. Better rides and better sites. You'll learn the traffic patterns... they never change. With commuters from RTP and NC State traffic, it can get fun, but once you figure it out, It's all good...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Once we get settled in I'll repost and maybe we can meet up! I try to stay away from traffic as much as possible which is almost impossible in Chicagoland. Looking forward to new scenery, great food, and good people! cheers

Black '13 XC
Lloyds Cams and intake
PC-V w/ TVS tune
Bassani 2>1
Polk db6501 components
R.F. pbr 300x2
VicHiD hi/low kit

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm from Western NC, but have lived in Raliegh area (in Lychburg, VA area now). I don't check this part of the forum much, so when you get relocated, send me a PM on here. I'll give you the skinny on the area and you can go from there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Raleigh has a good dealer in Twin Specialties, which just happens to share the same building as Scooters, a good bar to hit. Triangle Victory Riders is a great group of riders...look us up on Facebook, or shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll get you in touch with the right folks.

I hope the move went well, and look forward to riding with you.

-Jim

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I live just west of Chapel Hill in Mebane (rhymes with "heaven") and just bought a '14 XC from World Class in High Point. I went to Twin Specialties a couple of time and was not overly impressed.
Lots of good riding outside of town and only about 5 hours from the Dragon. Good roads up in Hanging Rock state park about 1.5 or 2 hours away. Hit me up if you want to ride. Email is [email protected] and my name is Dave.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts