Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
There are hundreds of gas mileage threads on here, just do a search. Most Cross bikes get in the low 40's on average but some people get worse and some get better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My XC with 34,000 miles gets 51.something according to the gauge which has never been reset. My simple math using amount of gas pumped and actual miles driven since last fill up puts me at about 47 something. My average speed over life of the bike is 46mph overall according to the readout over 34,000 and some miles.
When I bought the bike the gauge read 264 range after fueling. At present it reads 292 miles range after fill up.
Hope this helps,
Jack

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im getting around 45 combined on my Vision , that's with factory exhaust. I installed Arlen Ness big honkers exh. and got around 47 but I put the fact. exhaust back on because the radio was more important to me. Don't know if that helps any but it was my experience.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My XC with 34,000 miles gets 51.something according to the gauge which has never been reset. My simple math using amount of gas pumped and actual miles driven since last fill up puts me at about 47 something. My average speed over life of the bike is 46mph overall according to the readout over 34,000 and some miles.
When I bought the bike the gauge read 264 range after fueling. At present it reads 292 miles range after fill up.
Hope this helps,
Jack
Thanks for the reply. One more question what's your cruising speed

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
According to my last 29 fill ups using fuelly.com website, I average 42.1 MPG with a best of 50.9 MPG.
I ride a 2014 Cross Country Tour stock with the exception of a timing wheel set at +4.
I follow the speed limit most of the time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My XR just averaged 44 over about 220 miles (with .5 gallon remaining!). about 2/3 was spirited backroads riding (55-70mph with plenty of accel an decel) and the remaining 1/3 was 80mph slabbing. All of it was 2-up plus luggage with a total load of about 450lbs.

I typically see very high 30's to very low 40's on the slab and mid 40's or better on surface roads depending on pace and road/traffic conditions. Bike has tri-ovals, filter and map but no other power mods. No windshield, stock tires at recommended pressures.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If I fill up and get right on the freeway and set the cruise control to 65mph I can get 51mpg. Going down back roads, mostly in fifth gear I can expect about 47mpg's. And it just goes down from there. I lam using the ATS mod set at +4.

·
Registered
251 Posts
2013 Vision with PCV Timing Wheel loyds filter adjustable intake quarter turn throttle touring cams Ness Big Honkers exhaust. 33 around town and 38 at 80 mph on interstate. Same MPG it got before all the mods. 43 HP gain and same MPG cant beat that !

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts