Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I felt they did a fair comparison. They really didn't trash the Victory and as a prior Voyager owner they hit on the facts that made me up grade to my XC. The Ultra is a beautiful machine. I wouldn't buy one but it doesn't take away the fact that it is the most popular touring bike out their. The Vic CCT is over styled in my opinion which was the only real reason why the testers put it 2nd from what I read. It out handled and it will out power the HD once those boys learn how to ride it.

One thing I would like to see these comparisons bring up is what you can do to these bikes motors after taking ownership. They all run lean and they all can be improved in the performance and heat dept. They all have more power on tap.

With approximately $2500 to $3000 allotted to each bike which one would show the best over all gain in performance, efficiency, and ride ability? We all here know here who that winner would be!

Like HD we have choices too. The blacked out 8ball CC the CC the CCT and the Vision . Nice variety in my opinion and not a dam one of them looks like a Harley!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah- it wasn't the worst comparison I've seen. Better than say Car/ Driver who were apparently known for resetting online polls repeatedly until they reflected the result they wanted, lol..

Anyway- I gather that the Harley had the full infotainment setup on there, and the Big Vic does not offer this- correct? Obviously it would have been better to compare the bikes set up closer to the same, but the harley had more- therefore it costs more. I don't think they said anything that would sway the masses from where their minds already are. It's all in what a particular consumer wants in his bike.

(disclaimer in case I just said something stupid: I read it kind of quick-- at work :p )

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I felt they did a fair comparison.
At the very least, they didn't conclude the comparison by saying the Harley won because it's a Harley.

It out handled and it will out power the HD once those boys learn how to ride it.
I agree and that's what *I* happen to like about them, but then *I* am probably not the prototypical croozer dood. As such, dealer abundance and events, surface finishes, smoothness, infotainment, and a bike that runs cool in its stock form are all benefits that others may find more important than corner carving and 1/4 mile times on their 900 lb luxobarge.

The blacked out 8ball CC the CC the CCT and the Vision . Nice variety in my opinion and not a dam one of them looks like a Harley!
I kinda like the looks of the new Harley tourers.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Not a bad comparison if you just watch the videos but when they say that Vic completely outperforms the others and just a few seconds later say it placed second in their ratings it makes me wonder where their heads were inserted.
I wonder why they compare the "Rushmore" premium model to a stock CCT. A closer comparison would be to compare a Ness CCT to the Rushmore. Rushmore is their premium variation this year.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not a bad comparison if you just watch the videos but when they say that Vic completely outperforms the others and just a few seconds later say it placed second in their ratings it makes me wonder where their heads were inserted.
I wonder why they compare the "Rushmore" premium model to a stock CCT. A closer comparison would be to compare a Ness CCT to the Rushmore. Rushmore is their premium variation this year.
I agree- that is a special edition Harley compared to a stock vic.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rushmore stands for more bikes out the door don't worry about that clutch.

2006 Jackpot
2012 Cross Country Tour
Ness Big Honkers
LoydsAir Filter & Timing Wheel
PCV & Autotune

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Rushmore stands for more bikes out the door don't worry about that clutch.

2006 Jackpot
2012 Cross Country Tour
Ness Big Honkers
LoydsAir Filter & Timing Wheel
PCV & Autotune
In the looks and style department the CCT is second to none. Its big , beautiful and a brute . Period . Sorry Ryche , I didn't mean to quote you.... But , you are correct .

·
Registered
827 Posts
They didn't mention anything about the Ipod/Iphone connection on the XCT. They didn't mention anything about the good fuel mileage of the Vic or the bikes on board trip computer/ multiple trip meters.

They also skipped over the fact that if the XCT tips over, it will only go to the 45* point. If the Harley tips over to the crash bars, it's going all the way over to the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
To clarify, it's project rushmore not Mt Rushmore and it is a lot of features over a lot of models. The bike tested was an Ultra Limited, which is one of the models that got the liquid cooled heads, but the infotainment and other project rushmore features are on bikes that are not 'limited' as well.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words...

·
Registered
827 Posts
To clarify, it's project rushmore not Mt Rushmore and it is a lot of features over a lot of models. The bike tested was an Ultra Limited, which is one of the models that got the liquid cooled heads, but the infotainment and other project rushmore features are on bikes that are not 'limited' as well.

I saw that picture too.

Nice undercarriage. ha ha

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

This one ain't doin too bad either:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They didn't mention anything about the Ipod/Iphone connection on the XCT. They didn't mention anything about the good fuel mileage of the Vic or the bikes on board trip computer/ multiple trip meters.

They also skipped over the fact that if the XCT tips over, it will only go to the 45* point. If the Harley tips over to the crash bars, it's going all the way over to the ground.
My buddy and his wife rented an Ultra a few years back for a trip we did around Cali. He was not used to cruiser, feet forward positioned riding and was having a fit trying to learn it on our first day out. We took a wrong exit and I made a U turn to get back on track. He felt very unsure and I watched him Fred Flintstone paddle the bike around the U from my rearview mirror. About 3/4 of the way thru the turn the bike went over like a fresh cut oak with his wife hanging on. She did not hit the ground. I don't know what the angle of the bike was, but it wasn't a big problem getting it righted and left no discernable marks...i.e. he returned it and got his deposit back. ;)

Anyway, by the end of the trip he was raving about how comfortable it was and how easy it was to manuever at low speed. Even his wife, a woman who had no interest in riding on the back of anything but a Gold Wing admitted the Harley was downright comfy.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I think the review was pretty fair .. Even agree that HD edged out a win just edged though .. As an Ultra Classic owner for 3 Years, didn't give it up for Victory because didn't like the Style and Comfort .. Gave it up for 14 times in the shop over this 3 year period ..

·
Registered
79 Posts

The Rushmore is not a premium edition. This is stock. Want to compare premiums? Go with the Ness vs CVO. And the infotainment center comes on the Street Glide and Ultras.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
636 Posts
what is funny in the marketing department is when reverse comparisons start to get made. Victory all along has had Harley in their sights because Harley is number one in sales volume for these kinda bikes. Now, Harley feels the need to compare against the Victory because they obviously feel Victory builds a bike worthy of competition. Guess they realize Victory is here to stay and poses a threat to its bike sales monopoly. I guess the real breakthrough will be when V-Twin producers make a completely air-water cooled motor and not just half of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts