Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my vegas on the dyno monday. Well happy the way it runs now :cool: My Thor exhaust muffler its blued up, headers are ok. Dyno tech told me the downloaded map i had was seriously lean mid-range.
Anybody else had the same with a 2-1 pipe

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Most aftermarket pipes will blue, theres different cleaners that will take care of it, but it will blue again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
13,231 Posts
We all run cheap shitty gas cause thats all we can get. Bluing comes from the heat of the exhaust. Bluing will come back no matter what you do.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I know my Thors the muffler didn't slip on all the way. Maybe it would be sucking fresh air into the muffler leaning out the flow? Just a thought.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
307 Posts
head pipes always blue cant say i have seen a muffler turn blue that far back.Seen a muffler turn gold but that was from guy putting a 2 into one on harley and not rejetting carb was running way to lean

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Muffler on the Thor is a poor fit, i sealed it with exhaust silicone.
Dyno center has air cooling the bike like 100mph wind while on the dyno. The downloaded base map i had on was seriously lean Tech told me :confused: He said it could be due to poor chroming and to get in touch with manufacturer. Powercommander Dyno shop has a good reputation. Prob get it rechromed :mad:

·
13,231 Posts
Muffler on the Thor is a poor fit, i sealed it with exhaust silicone.
Dyno center has air cooling the bike like 100mph wind while on the dyno. The downloaded base map i had on was seriously lean Tech told me :confused: He said it could be due to poor chroming and to get in touch with manufacturer. Powercommander Dyno shop has a good reputation. Prob get it rechromed :mad:
Poor chroming is BS
pull mufflers and with a hacksaw add extra cross hatch cuts put mufflers back on and that should fix any leaks you might have,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Poor chroming is BS
pull mufflers and with a hacksaw add extra cross hatch cuts put mufflers back on and that should fix any leaks you might have,
Hi, made sure seal was good and used exhaust sealant as well.
You never know if it might have made a leak on the dyno when he had her on full chat!!
Will have a look again this weekend thumb up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts