Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one on their king pin? Does it raise you u in height versus the stock seat? I had an Ultimate which didn't raise me up in seating height on my Honda and loved it, but they're not made for the kingpin. mustangs I've heard are good but someone said they raise you up an inch or two, which I don't need because I'm only 5'3. I have hip and low back issues so a decent seat with a backrest is crucial. Thanks for opinions...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well! I have it on my Vegas and I hold up bike with tip toes. I'm 5'11. Came with the bike. I'm keeping it but would rather sit flat footed.
Wow you must be all torso then! :D Tip toe at 5'11 ? I should feel lucky then at 5'3 that with my boots on I'm not exactly flat foot, but not on tip toe either. Maybe your vegas sits higher in general? My husband has the kingpin tour and his bike is a little lower than my kingpin.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have one also that was on the bike when i bought it so i cant tell you if it seats you higher.i can say it takes about 3k mi before it breaks in. Im 5'10 and am flat footed when i sit on it..i know this doesnt help sorry.you could try a lowering kit too..

·
Registered
190 Posts
The Mustang sit will raise you up about 1 inch and set you back about 1.5 inches from the bars. I put a Mustang seat on my KP this spring and this is what I found. I am 6' 1", so the additional height wasn't a problem.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well darn, all things I was hoping not to hear. Break in a seat?? Now I remember why I chose the Ultimate the first time, didn't have to do that. Breaking in a seat is like "breaking in" a pair of shoes...shouldn't have to to that. And I already have to put long risers on, so if I put a mustang seat on it'll just move me back again. :mad:

I noticed some big differences between my kingpin and my husbands kingpin tour this evening. His rides so much smoother, my front tire must be out of balance or something, it bounces a lot...his doesn't. His handlebars are actually different! They have more pull back and fit me better. His bike must have been lowered or the Tour is naturally lower than my kingpin. Lots of differences for being the same bike. :( sigh...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Will the stock passenger seat fit on the bike with a Mustang driver's seat?
I don't think so. I had wanted to mount a trunk behind my drivers seat when I was riding by myself with my 2004 Kingpin. So I bought a stock passenger seat bracket to mount it on and the bracket would not fit with the Mustang drivers seat attached.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts