Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have th mustang seats for the cross country tour? If so how do you like them? Better than stock?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody has the mustang seats ?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
We have one for about a year now, so far so good. After 20,000 miles on the stock seat I felt I was sinking into it, not so with the Mustang.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I debated getting a Mustang seat on my 13 CCT but decided that if I was serious about big mileage I'd get the Russell Day Long. My seat is on the way to them as I type this. 2500 mile ride to Idaho this July.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Umm yea I do lose the heat option but that was not my question. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ive had mine for about a year and 15k miles..no complaints. A bit wider than the stock seat but i love it!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Can you use the stock driver backrest with the Mustang seat?

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Can you use the stock driver backrest with the Mustang seat?
If no one answers, I'll know tomorrow. I have a seat in transit.
My wife doesn't like the backrest angle of the Vic backrest, so I thought I would try the Mustang with passenger receiver. I'll take the Mustang rest and put it in the rear for her, and try to use the Vic backrest off the XCT.
Hope I like the seat since I'm pretty satisfied with the XCT heated seat (when I'm using the Airhawk R cushion)

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had to modify my vic driver backrest becuase it pushed me too fgar forward. lkeft me hunched over. the vic back rest is not really designed right. now i can lean back.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Got my Mustang on at lunch today and the Vic backrest works just fine in the receiver. It is funny that you mention you had to bend the post back as it moved you too far forward (I had to do the same). Now with the Mustang, the post goes in at more of an angle, and I'll have to bend it back (at least back to straight, if not all the way back to stock). I have the screw all the way in, and it's still not as close as I would like it to be.
No biggie, it was easy enough to bend, and if I decide to keep the seat I will fix it.
In the meantime, I will turn the post around to give it similar to stock bend and see how I like.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I debated getting a Mustang seat on my 13 CCT but decided that if I was serious about big mileage I'd get the Russell Day Long. My seat is on the way to them as I type this. 2500 mile ride to Idaho this July.
Show us your Day Long! I have one on my Vulcan. BEST SEAT EVER!! I am planning a "ride in" for my Vic. Worth every penny!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i would doubt Mustang would have the option. would be nice though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mustang has a number of seats with a heated option. If you ask them about one for the XC, they'll probably tell you it's in the works and that it should be ready in about 90 days. At least that's what they've told me every time I've asked over the past year or so...

Still patiently waiting to see how the heated Mustang turns out, more than happy with my stock XC seat for now though. The XCT (heated) seat I tried for about 6 months however did not make my butt happy at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts