Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YES!!! It seems Mustang has listened and is currently developing a seat for our bikes. It could be available in the next few weeks! I am excited as I am not willing to gamble on purchasing a Corbin and Ultimate is unwilling to customize theirs. I cannot wait for my call to order.

Ride safe.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you not find the stock seats adequate. I know mustang makes a great seat, but I thought the seats were very good already.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you know if they will be made to fit the V in the tank extension?

I hate seeing aftermarket seats on Vic bikes that leave the V section empty. Makes them look amateurish.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, IMHO, the stock seat is inadequate. I feel cramped and want more leg room. Moving back 1-2" would be outstanding to me.

If they follow suit to the rest of their seats, I'm sure the V will be in the tank extension.

When I know more, I'll be happy to post more.

Also, feel free to contact Mustang yourself as they seem willing to talk about this project.

Ride safe.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Yes, IMHO, the stock seat is inadequate. I feel cramped and want more leg room. Moving back 1-2" would be outstanding to me.
How tall are you? Did you already move your foot controls forward? Just wondering, as once in a while, someone doesn't find out they're adjustable 'till later down the road.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 6'1" and my foot controls are all the way forward. I spent nearly 100K miles riding with my legs at about a 120 degree angle so the 90 degree angle the XR puts me in is mildly uncomfortable.

I had to put 2" extensions on the floorboards of my old KP to make it comfortable to ride. Since I cannot do that with the XR, the next step is moving my seating position back that far.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Dang vagabond, I am also 6'1" with a 34" inseam and I have no problems when it comes to comfort on my XR. I even left my foot controls in the mid position, you must like riding with your legs straight out!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you not find the stock seats adequate. I know mustang makes a great seat, but I thought the seats were very good already.

Everyone is different when it comes to the CR seats.
Mine literally had me in pain after 75 miles or so. Some people love them.

I ended up with a used Ultimate I got a deal on.
It's much better, for me at least.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts

If they follow suit to the rest of their seats, I'm sure the V will be in the tank extension.

When I know more, I'll be happy to post more.

Also, feel free to contact Mustang yourself as they seem willing to talk about this project.

Ride safe.
If the seat doesn't work out, this may be another option for ya:

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=6623

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have tried mustangs seats and I felt they moved you up not back. I had an ultimate seat on my vtx and loved it. Ride Safe...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The mustang moves you up and forward 1 inch on most suzuki motorcycles.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I found out at the International motorcycle show. I contacted Mustang myself. I am awaiting information also. My seat is ripping the stitching out again. So I will be looking into one. Hopefully here soon so I can try it for the spring.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the seat doesn't work out, this may be another option for ya:

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=6623
Thank you for the idea but I already have those on my XR only mine are turned inside not out. Nice on stretches of road but not in traffic, such as what I deal with when I ride in Chicago.

The Mustang I had on my old KP did move me up but I sat more into the seat. I'm hoping it will do the trick.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
tried a mustang and an ultimate on my vtx 1300C. kept the
ultimate. anything was better than stock on that bike. have
an ultimate on the c roads and a gel pad on top of that. wife
likes the back part a lot better too. keep us posted on the mustang.
did they have pics on their site?--irv

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I posted questions on Mustangs FaceBook page (mustang seats) asking if they were going to build seats for the Cross bikes, when they would be available and asked for estimated pricing. They responded back saying they just got a XC in for R&D and they should have designs and pricing in a month or so.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I posted questions on Mustangs FaceBook page (mustang seats) asking if they were going to build seats for the Cross bikes, when they would be available and asked for estimated pricing. They responded back saying they just got a XC in for R&D and they should have designs and pricing in a month or so.
Hopefully it's not the same pricing they have for the GW seat . That's $1100.00 heated.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
When I looked in their catalog to get an average price for one piece two-up seats that is exactly what I thought! If they're even close to GW seat prices they aren't going to sell many of them to X-bike owners that know they can get a Ultimate or CeeBailey seat for much less. You don't see many X-bikes with Corbin seats for that exact reason...

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
My Mustang seat on my Harley was 375 and worth every dollar . I agree with you there's no way ill spend triple that for a seat

·
Registered
530 Posts
Since adding a back rest it reliefs pressue off of you tailbone as the upward angle on the OEM seat is not the best.

With the Utopia backrest it helped alot in additional riding comfort.

That Ultimate seat looks very nice and they use memory foam to boot.

If they ever add heat to their seat I would have to try it out as their seat angle looks like a better fit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts