Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger and I couldn't be happier that I did! Last week I jumped on the bike and made the 695 mile run South from Marquette, MI to Des Moines, IA. I had an appointment for the next morning at 8a.m. with Rylan at The Vic Shop and even after a 13 hour day on the bike, I knew I wasn't going to sleep much that night...

I pulled into the shop at 7:45am. I met Rylan, we talked briefly, and by 8a.m. my bike was on the dyno making its first run. 2013 CCT with 11,000 miles. D and D exhaust, Lloyds Air Filter, and a VFCIII. With that set-up she was making 88.96 hp and 102.73 tq.

Rylan was working solo that day and still had the bike taken apart faster than I could have taken the seat off. I was adding the VM1 Cams and Lloyds Timing Wheel to my set-up, and per Rylans recommendation based on my riding style/locations, I stuck with the VFCIII. He also installed the 1/4 turn throttle ring for me and removed the O2 sensors and replaced with flush plugs. Also, he removed the "air strip" for the filter, which I never did when I installed the filter when the bike was new.

Back to the dyno she went...and daddy was HAPPY!! She was now making 113.75 hp and 116.60 tq! With a PCV I could have squeezed a few more hp out of it by increasing the rev limiter, but I wasnt interested in doing that. I took it for a short test run and was blown away at the difference in power and responsiveness. I knew I was gonna have one hell of a fun 700 mile trip home!! It was far more "crisp" through the whole RPM range, seemed to pull a bit harder from 2000-2500rpm, and from 2500-5k shes like a raped ape! Pulls a lot harder, and even sounds a little different to me when winding up. Fuel efficiency increased as well. At 55-65mph I used to get about 42mpg. I am now averaging 44-45mpg at those same speeds. At 70-80mph I was getting 36-38mpg. I am now up to 41-42mpg.

I pulled into the Vic Shop at 7:45a.m., and by 10:45a.m. I was headed back Northbound with perm-a-grin! An excellent experience with a guy who really knows his ****! I was able to watch the whole install, ask a few dumb questions, and really appreciate his expertise when it comes to a Victory motorcycle. Thanks Rylan cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nice! You spanked my numbers. Those D&D's make nice power and awesome torque. Amazing though how she rides when properly pro-tuned, even with VFC, isn't it? Mine is like a completely different animal sucking in air and so much smoother at any RPM. It's hard to convey while mild, the VM1/filter/wheel/tuner combo when done right is simply awesome in every RPM, every throttle position.

Enjoy!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Sweet deal. You got a brand new bike for under 2 grand. cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Sounds good.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Top that off by making her look prettier with one of my laydown license brackets. Click the first link in my signature. I know, I'm shameless.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I felt even better after seeing my buddies $3900 bill for his Road King to hit 95hp! And it's still a Harley, no amount of money can change that!:ltr:

I was in and out of the Vic Shop for $1250, granted I already had the exhaust and the tuner.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice! I also rode 500 miles 1 way about 3 weeks ago. I also had D&D's, Lloydz air filter but with a PCV with a shitty map i took from their website. Stock dyno run was 90hp 106tq. After VM1's, timing wheel, 1/4 turn throttle and about 45 miles on the dyno Rylan got 115hp 115tq..

I agree with everything else you said on how well it runs from 2000 and up.. Not to mention i got an extra 500 RPM's outta it. So now it redlines at 6000. thumb up

Rylan also let me run to breakfast on the shops 110' Vision! HOLY ****! Thats how you sell a big bore kit!! Here kid, have some crack! :crzy:

It was a Harley beater before, now it's a destroyer!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Man those D&Ds must be where its at.....

Im running gutted stock pipes, PC5, Lloydz air filter, VM1 cams and the timing wheel.....and I "only" net'd

109.24 HP
111.91 TQ

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
112 / 112 on mine. Every engine is different and exhaust and tune and conditions when it dyno'd will affect the numbers. If she's running nice, enjoy all that nice air flow.

Damn weather! Would love to get mine at lunch today and try out the new windscreen and show off the new bling (Conquest finned covers). And I swore I wasn't going to do cosmetic stuff. Oh well! :)

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
My D&D's are loud. At 75 on the highway hitting 3000 rpm it starts to drown out my stereo. I wish there was a quieter alternative that would keep my performance.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
My D&D's are loud. At 75 on the highway hitting 3000 rpm it starts to drown out my stereo. I wish there was a quieter alternative that would keep my performance.
Tri-Ovals. They sound looooovely. Especially after the VM1's. Nice deep rumbly tone. Not bad on the highway at cruise, and bark like a doberman when you get into the throttle. Anxious to hear them with the windshield.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Man those D&Ds must be where its at.....

Im running gutted stock pipes, PC5, Lloydz air filter, VM1 cams and the timing wheel.....and I "only" net'd

109.24 HP

111.91 TQ

Yep no back pressure.. Gutted mine shortly after I brought it home.. Took a trip to California up the coast and back home.. Gutted sounds good no doubt but the loudness got too me after 1000 miles.. The rest of the trip was with earplugs.. Bought baffled D&Ds when I got back home.. Sounded quieter but the side effect was it ran so much better..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts