Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I honestly don't think my arse likes vinyl. 8 hours in saddle, and I feel like I'm sitting on concrete.

How hard would be to recover the saddle in leather diy like LOL. Holy crap, I want to ride to north Carolina next vacation, but not on this seat LOL
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you are going to be in NC anyway, maybe you could set something up with Mean City Cycles. They are in Maiden, NC and do a great job with seat modifications. If you schedule correctly, they can have you back riding in a very short time. thumb up

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted them and from I hear its speedy service since its done with appointments. But cash is tight :) figure I might be able to get leather cheap and try my hand at it lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you thought about a cushion. I ordered a gel/memory foam pad in a sheep skin cover. It's not all that great but, it's better than the stock seat. Check out Bikercushion.com a lot of options there.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Really? You are complaing about sore ass? I don't care if you are sitting on your couch. Eight hours of sitting on anything is going to make your ass hurt period. Yeah better saddle might've helped a bit but you have to do many many more eight hour trips to get your butt calluses hardened. :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
:I agree:

Seriously if you're making it 8 hours you're riding about 7 hours longer than most people that complain about their seats!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Been all over 9 states and spent several 13+ hour days in the saddle. Just got back from Mountainfest in WV and 8 hours each way in the saddle took it's toll on me like never before. Getting old is hell.

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Last week in August I'll be doing NW GA to Boston in one shot to get my Iron Butt certificate. My arse finds the XCT seat quite comfy.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so it wasnt 8 hours straight, I was riding all day and stopping here and there. My mustang seat on the Royal star I had was comfy. I might just sheep skin that helped b4, air cushion or gel pad might lift me too high in the saddle

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just curious if you have checked your suspension that is set to your weight for the bike. Only reason I ask, is the previous owner of mine had it set for 2 up I am guessing and I didnt figure this out until after about 10 hours on the road. Just wrote it off that the suspension was a bit stiff. Properly set, knocked out 19 hours on a SS1000 and was not bad. Would equate it to the DC run I made before adjustment... Just a thought.

As far as sheeps skin??? How does that stuff work in the rain??? I think I know the ansewer.. hehe:D

Good luck and safe ridin!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sheepskin in the rain, of course leaves you a wet arse. Stiff suspension, I wouldn't know if it was either way. I got her new and never touched the shock

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Stiff suspension, I wouldn't know if it was either way. I got her new and never touched the shock
Maybe worth the look, should be able to find your bikes measurements in the owners manual. I would have just chocked mine up to "Thats the way it rides" if I hadnt stumbled across how to change it. I ride 1 up 90% of the time so just leave it at the top of my weight. Like I said, made a differnce on mine, may not be your answer but something to look into. Im with ya on the mustang seat though.. Love it!

Tim

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know I change the configuration of my bike when I go on long trips versus just around town. On long trips I use an Air Hawk and a full face helmet...both of which really address comfort issues. Yeah, I might sit up a little bit higher, but once I get there I take off the Air Hawk and I'm riding as I normally would in town....and my butt is much happier for it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My leather jacket got wet and it shrank, why don't cows shrink when they get wet? :) LOL

·
Registered
47 Posts
I honestly don't think my arse likes vinyl. 8 hours in saddle, and I feel like I'm sitting on concrete.

How hard would be to recover the saddle in leather diy like LOL. Holy crap, I want to ride to north Carolina next vacation, but not on this seat LOL
go with the airhawk-r seat pad,best ever!cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts