Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Just a reminder kids, don't post after having one too many!
I will try to " note to selfe" that ... 30739600_959057074249096_3089719839238463503_n.jpg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Who else feels married to the 21 inch front wheel? Meaning if its a Cruiser ...its 21 inch baby... FTW.

****! Anything else would be be...?
I really dig the 21" wheels. After seeing this bike in person at AZ Bike week: Paul Yaffe's Bagger Nation I'm wondering what a gunner would look like with that big fat tire.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I love the 21 on my CCT. I don't think I'd like it on my Hammer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I love the look of the 21" front wheel on the Cross bikes. To me it somehow completes the aesthetics of the overall design wonderfully.

A few months back I passed up a chance to get a brand new factory gloss pearl white 21" fender for $300 and a brand new factory Magnum 21: front rim, also for $300. They were sitting their staring at me in the face at the dealer. I didn't do it even though I knew I'd very likely never see a deal like that again. I passed on for the following reasons

1. I had just spent the money for the extreme audio kits for the fairing and for the saddlebags. Plus I had yet to install the Kuryakyn driving lights I bought the month before. So, I was tapped out for cash at the time.

2. I really love the 'full front end' look of the Dunlop RoadSmart II 160/60 I have mounted up front now. It performs perfectly and I prefer the full look over the skinny(er) 18" or the 21" tire.

3. I love how my CCT handles with the 18" up front. It's done everything so well in every situation I've ever had it in. I know I would get used to the difference in handling between the 18" and the 21" but I just didn't see the need to do so.

4. I have no desire to lower the back end of my CCT and/or spend the money to install a Magnum front end to offset anything that's needed by going from the stock 18" to a 21".

5. See number 1. The $600 starter set to convert from the 18" to the 21" just didn't make sense to me. Not at the time I had the parts in my hand or since then. But I sure do love the aesthetics.

I've been a fan of the Yaffe Steam Roller front ends for years. A few years ago when the TV Biker Build craze was an ever increasing front hoop, Paul Yaffe came out with his Steam Roller front end. Love it, love it, love it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I love traditional Harley Choppers. Not the extreme stupid stuff you cant ride. The real choppers. The batwing fairing is just about a complete turn off for me now. I am completely burned out on seeing it. I like what Paul Y is doing with the Road G fairing. That one doesn't bother me so much yet.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
my Vegas 21" is gathering dust upstairs under a bench,...and that's where its staying.
Function over form.
Fat 18" holds the road and don't follow grooves and tarsnakes.
21" fronts are for rigid barhop choppers, all about looks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has not been my experience but I agree somewhat and understand that. Spent 22 years with the 21 inch Harley. It was a great front end, could ride no hands as long as I wanted. I grew up on the bike though, people were impressed how I could ride it. I would even sometimes ride it into the back of a 77 Chevy and Dodge van for transportation purposes. If only I had a video of that!

I am wondering if the 21 will make it back onto an Indian. What could the demand be like? I don't remember anyone complaining about the Magnum 21.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Has not been my experience but I agree somewhat and understand that. Spent 22 years with the 21 inch Harley. It was a great front end, could ride no hands as long as I wanted. I grew up on the bike though, people were impressed how I could ride it. I would even sometimes ride it into the back of a 77 Chevy and Dodge van for transportation purposes. If only I had a video of that!

I am wondering if the 21 will make it back onto an Indian. What could the demand be like? I don't remember anyone complaining about the Magnum 21.
Yeah I agree, the gyroscopics of a large diameter wheel combined with usually long forks and some rake make for a supremely stable straight liner, perfect for those long straight roads over there.
Straight line stability, stand on the seat no hands if you like, cruise control via a rubber band on the throttle, you could ride forever....and ever...,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts