Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very frustrated, I bought my judge because I love the engine with popping noise. I mean I sold my vrod for that. I know that most of you hate this, but I would Like to get IT back. The dealer is not willing to change the map and the process seems not possible without an activation code. Any advise would be very appreciated.

Regards
Chris

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
A lot of folks got rid of the popping by either tightening their exhaust flange bolts or replaced the exhaust gaskets. How about slightly loosening one of your exhaust flanges? :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea, I can try. Can you tell me more about this flange bolts ? Where are they located ?

·
Premium Member
12,985 Posts
A lot of folks got rid of the popping by either tightening their exhaust flange bolts or replaced the exhaust gaskets. How about slightly loosening one of your exhaust flanges? :D
Noooooo! Don't do this! It can create a lean condition which can harm your motor leading to premature fail.

OP: Are you serious? You like the popping?

·
Premium Member
12,985 Posts
Yes I confirm I like the pops :)

Would it help to disconnect the o2 sensor ?
Yes. It will help it run better if you have the Stage 1 or stock flash installed. Those programed tunes are lean by design as mandated by the EPA.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Creating an exhaust leak would be just plain stupid. If you have the stock exhaust you can drill the 2 plate baffles out in each pipe or just drill 1 out in each pipe, she will pop after. I take it you got the stage 1 download? It's garbage, should have saved the money for a fuel controller. I'm gonna have to admit I don't mind a small bit of popping, just as long as there not gunshot pops.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks bbob, I'm going to try to disconnect the sensor.

@lunaticrider, I have the stage 1 flash and x-bow.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
FTR Pop likes the popping too.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow

All I can say is..... Wow! I have been fighting a (so far) losing battle to get rid of said popping and here someone wants it. I need to put it on ebay. I did not know that anyone actually wanted it.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
All I can say is..... Wow! I have been fighting a (so far) losing battle to get rid of said popping and here someone wants it. I need to put it on ebay. I did not know that anyone actually wanted it.
If you can find a way to bottle that, you will be rich

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
580 Posts
Very frustrated, I bought my judge because I love the engine with popping noise. I mean I sold my vrod for that. I know that most of you hate this, but I would Like to get IT back. The dealer is not willing to change the map and the process seems not possible without an activation code. Any advise would be very appreciated.

Regards
Chris

Put a set of Shotgun pipes on it. it will pop like you want.

m

·
Premium Member
632 Posts

Regards
Chris
I have never heard of a Victory dealer that was "unwilling" to change the map on a Victory motorcycle. That seems strange. Or do you mean they are unwilling to change it for "free"? That does make sense. There are two potential charges for doing a map change.... one is labor, and one is the cost of the map (calibration) that must be purchased for anything OTHER than a 'stock' map. The stock map is free.. no code necessary. Only charge would be labor. I would try this route to get your popping back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts