Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are the pics of the bike tore down.i will add some more this weekend as i go back together with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
110 to 120 hp and about the same torque.i think.it is going to be awhile they say i need to do a 1000 mile break in before i do a dyno run.i hope to get it done about middle of next month.if not sooner

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like the pink handle hammer. A must for all hardcore motorcycle garages. Looking for smiley face emoticon on app. Don't see it.

All jokes aside. Very nice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
110 to 120 hp and about the same torque.i think.it is going to be awhile they say i need to do a 1000 mile break in before i do a dyno run.i hope to get it done about middle of next month.if not sooner
Don't baby it during brake in. The rings are gonna seal or not in the first 10-20 miles.... 60% throttle accel and engine decel for 5-10 mins. Let cool for 15... 80% throttle accel and hard engine decel.... Let cool for 15 mins.... Then run the piss out of it at 100% throttle accel and decel. Your rings are sealed... "brake in" done ! Change the oil at 20 miles.. (up to 50 okay). Then again after 500 to 1000. But get that first batch of oil out of there.... again, that first 10-20 miles is where your rings are gonna create their seal, so make it count with accel and engine decel runs... After that, doesn't matter what you do, it is what it is. If you didn't seal it right by engine acceleration and deceleration, in the first 20 miles, it never will.

Remember that every new Vic that comes off the line is immediately put on the dyno! There's no reason to wait to run the motor hard. Other than a brief warm up to let the forged pistons expand when it's completely cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts