Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished my mods, and have it back on the road. I painted the bike, got the fairing and exhaust used, put on new led turn signals/marker lights, new drivers backrest, and a little powder coating. enjoy. I am

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
What a great job, beautiful paint, sound and LEDs. cheers

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I am quite happy. As with any of video recording of exhaust...it is totally devoid of the true bass of the exhaust. Sounds better in person for sure!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Love it! The Kelpies are looking awesome! (Hope I named them correctly... I am a fan of crytozoology, from a skeptical standpoint...I dont actually believe in monsters, but find them interesting.)

Bike looks GREAT!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love it! The Kelpies are looking awesome! (Hope I named them correctly... I am a fan of crytozoology, from a skeptical standpoint...I dont actually believe in monsters, but find them interesting.)

Bike looks GREAT!
Actually, these are zoomorphic lions from the Book of Kells. I actually have a nice thick bracelet of the same. The only difference is these are facing each other, my bracelet they are facing apart with the knotwork tying them together. The Kelpies are pretty cool though, a few different representations of those depending if your are Scottish or Welsh.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well done, are those LEDs legal streetwise?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So is that a batwing fairing you have?

I have an 09 Vegas 8 Ball also, still deciding between a fairing and a windshield, not sure which I prefer better
Nope. It's a Bob Dron Fairing. Arlen Ness and a few others sell them. It hooks up to the factory windshield brackets. Takes the wind off the chest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nope. It's a Bob Dron Fairing. Arlen Ness and a few others sell them. It hooks up to the factory windshield brackets. Takes the wind off the chest.
nice, how about the helmet?

Also, can I do the led/windscreen set up for the hammer? Did you do the work yourself? How long and difficult was it?

I did a similar setup on my stryker... and it was not too bad....

thx in advance

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
nice, how about the helmet?

Also, can I do the led/windscreen set up for the hammer? Did you do the work yourself? How long and difficult was it?

I did a similar setup on my stryker... and it was not too bad....

thx in advance
I'm not sure what you mean about the helmet? Does it takes wind blast off the face/head? Yes, a little bit. I find that it's not as rough as riding without the fairing. Yes, I did all the work myself. I am not mechanically inclined, so this whole project was a big deal. I paint, I don't usually wrench. But, with that said. It was not too bad. The LED's I bought from Custom Dynamics. The rear turnsignals were from another web based company. For the electrical, I didn't care about the stock turn signals so I cut off their connections. I used those for the new LED's so i could just plug them in the factory harnesses. The front LED's have a Dual Circuit (bought additionally through CD). It allows them to function as run/turn. I pretty much did the same in the back. I have all sorts of pictures of the process, let me know if I can be of any help.

I also added the Victory HID kit. Not much to that...plug and play. I crammed everything into the housing. The next time i open it up though I'm going to pull the digital ballast out an mount it inside the fairing. It's a little too tight in the headlight bucket.

The fairing itself was nothing. My bike came used with the windshield brackets but no windshield. I powdercoated them and the hardware and installed. I would like the fairing to sit back a little farther, so I might do a little modification to the mounting arms. This winter I am also going to try and make a custom windscreen. Slightly different shape up top with a little more height (just a couple inches). I'm not certain about the hammer. I think you would just need the mounting brackets that fit your fork (same as kingpin?) your downtubes are larger than mine. What year is your Hammer? Does it have the bullet headlight (doesn't matter, just curious)?

ride on....

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean about the helmet? Does it takes wind blast off the face/head? Yes, a little bit. I find that it's not as rough as riding without the fairing. Yes, I did all the work myself. I am not mechanically inclined, so this whole project was a big deal. I paint, I don't usually wrench. But, with that said. It was not too bad. The LED's I bought from Custom Dynamics. The rear turnsignals were from another web based company. For the electrical, I didn't care about the stock turn signals so I cut off their connections. I used those for the new LED's so i could just plug them in the factory harnesses. The front LED's have a Dual Circuit (bought additionally through CD). It allows them to function as run/turn. I pretty much did the same in the back. I have all sorts of pictures of the process, let me know if I can be of any help.

I also added the Victory HID kit. Not much to that...plug and play. I crammed everything into the housing. The next time i open it up though I'm going to pull the digital ballast out an mount it inside the fairing. It's a little too tight in the headlight bucket.

The fairing itself was nothing. My bike came used with the windshield brackets but no windshield. I powdercoated them and the hardware and installed. I would like the fairing to sit back a little farther, so I might do a little modification to the mounting arms. This winter I am also going to try and make a custom windscreen. Slightly different shape up top with a little more height (just a couple inches). I'm not certain about the hammer. I think you would just need the mounting brackets that fit your fork (same as kingpin?) your downtubes are larger than mine. What year is your Hammer? Does it have the bullet headlight (doesn't matter, just curious)?

ride on....
thanks man, much appreciated. I did all my own work on the stryker I have! It is a 2013 Hammer... picking up friday! It looks like the front leds are a part of the windshield, or can they just be mounted on any setup? Thanks again, sharp looking bike!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks man, much appreciated. I did all my own work on the stryker I have! It is a 2013 Hammer... picking up friday! It looks like the front leds are a part of the windshield, or can they just be mounted on any setup? Thanks again, sharp looking bike!
I'd like to see that Stryker...its a nice bike

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now that is a unique machine, well done! Pipes sound great too.
Thank you for that. I tried hard, and did work I've never done before to get it to this point. I love my 8 Ball. Next are hardbags because i'm sick of strapping things on the back. Plus, I want to clean up the back end. Tsukayu strong bags are in the near future.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
What a beauty. Well done. :clap:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts