Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
red pinstriping from o-reileys 8 bucks. moved cruise up so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb small piece of metal and 2 hours and 2 tries. tank bra just enough to cover a few scratches, tiny piece of left over vinyl and 30 minutes. heel shift a piece of aluminum bar stock with a $2.00 swap meet peg, a few dollars and a lot of time d grinding, bending, polishing. and a not so cheap kewl risers.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Looking good - especially the pin striping. Great job!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good - especially the pin striping. Great job!
thanks, it looks a lot better in person than the pics, i saw one striped like this with the barb wire in red and it looked great, just a bit much for an old man, so i went with double line red.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Love the pinstriping. I've had a role of red for about a year now,just have not been able to decide on how to apply it. You gave me some good ideas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How did you make your heel shifter? Said from aluminum stock but in the pics it looks slightly curved.

·
Registered
693 Posts
How do you like the new cruise location? I prefer where it's at since I can access it all with my thumb on the throttle side, so this mod kind of confuses me, I guess.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Wow! Looks very nice! I like all of it! Will you share how you moved your CC controller? While very functional, I just can't get over the "add on" look of it the way it comes stock...I'm also paranoid that I'm going to catch it with a jacket and break it someday cuz I'm kind of a clod sometimes...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nice job. Lot of work. You certainly are keeping yourself busy. Looks good!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did you make your heel shifter? Said from aluminum stock but in the pics it looks slightly curved.
it is curved now. big ol hammer. its strictly old school. nothing but a hacksaw, drill, tap for the peg, and a hammer and 4" grinder for shaping, files and sandpaper and steel wool for final polish. it would probably shine up more on a buffer but i don't have one. the peg had a 5/16 threaded shaft and its bolted on with 1/4" bolts.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do you like the new cruise location? I prefer where it's at since I can access it all with my thumb on the throttle side, so this mod kind of confuses me, I guess.
i don't use it much, but if i do want to i can activate with my left hand and still reach set with my right. i just got tired of everybody noticing how crappy it looked. i just made a u shape bracket that bolts to the controll and one of the the original holes in the original bracket.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the striping as well. Gonna have to see about this. I need a little something to break up all the black for sure.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I saw the pic of your relocated cruise control and went right out to the garage. All I did was cut part of the bracket that connects to the unit (not the part left on the bike), drill some holes, find some nice black bolts and mine looks just like yours! Now it doesn't look like the cruise was added as an afterthought. Great idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts