Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NGK DCPR6E - I knew some day I am going to need these things, so today I went for a ride in search of them.

Because of past experience, the dealership was going to be the last resort. But I figured, how hard can this be?? They are just spark plugs.

The first place a Canadian goes is Canadian Tire. I went to the spark plug isle and although there was a wall full of NGK, my part number was no where to be found. I asked the guy at the desk who looked it up and said that they don't carry that type. Strange but ok.

Off I go to an auto parts store. Same story, don't carry them.

After several other failed attempts I thought my only options now are going to the States and trying an auto parts store there or <gag> the dealer.

I ended up cruising around the back roads on the outskirts by the Rideau Lakes and came across a marine shop with all the sports boats and personal watercraft displayed nicely outside.

I went in and they said "Sure we got those". I was surprised and quickly grabbed a package. He said they are common in small engines. Didn't know what to make of that, but ok.

As you can see in the picture, even the packaging is for marine products.

For all those who purchased these types of plugs, is this the packaging that yours came in?

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just got some from the local dealer the other day.Came in a regular spark plug BOX.Dealer applied dielectric and anti seize,thru them back in the box.It was like $9.85 for 2 of them

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
That's the box I got ..

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Paul, I got mine from Crappy Tire. I had to wait half a day because I wanted the platinum plugs but they did have the standard ones in stock.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I was at AutoZone in town buying some wash & wax and I joking asked at the counter if they had them....$5 and 1 minute later I had a set.

Reactions: king4wd and broggyr

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
I was at AutoZone in town buying some wash & wax and I joking asked at the counter if they had them....$5 and 1 minute later I had a set.
I just bought a set at O'Reilly auto parts for $5.00.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

Same, plus the same box pictured above.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Back in Oct. 2014, I ordered the iridium version. Did this on-line from Newegg.com, and they were US$7.20 each, plus $4.95 shipping (i.e., a total of $19.35).

Not as much fun as riding around looking for them, but easier. Here's the box:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I just walked across the road, got a good auto parts place directly across from my workshop:smile

·
13,263 Posts
The second year I owned the vision I rode over to the dealer a hole 3 miles. I ask the parts guy for two plugs and he said he would have to order them. WHAT you have gold wings and vic all over the place here and you have to order them. So I left road down the street to a bmw and Kaw dealer. Walked in and yes we have them.
A month later I was back at the Vic deal and ran into the parts manager and ask him what kind a dealer he was. Told him the store and found out that yes going by the Vic part number they didn't have any but then looked up the gold wing number and had 25 sets in stock.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Told him the story and found out that yes going by the Vic part number they didn't have any but then looked up the gold wing number and had 25 sets in stock.
Now THAT is Funny !!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a NAPA auto parts store seven blocks from the house, keeps them in stock for $2.49 each. The closest dealer is fifteen miles and they do not keep them in stock.

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I have a NAPA auto parts store seven blocks from the house, keeps them in stock for $2.49 each. The closest dealer is fifteen miles and they do not keep them in stock.
My local O'Reilly's auto parts store carries them as well for about that same price. I change the plugs every year because, well, it's under $6 and it just became part of my routine.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I just bought a set at O'Reilly auto parts for $5.00.
Sweet..Autozone and O'Riellys, I'm equidistance between them. I'll hit one up tomorrow.

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Glad this thread came about, I am over 10k miles and need to get an air filter so I figured I would change the plugs while I was at it. O'reily's here I come.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paul, I got mine from Crappy Tire. I had to wait half a day because I wanted the platinum plugs but they did have the standard ones in stock.
That is strange, because yesterday I went out for a ride and stopped at 2 more Canadian Tires, a Part Source and Benson Auto Parts and no one had them.

It seems so much easier to get things in the States than here in Canada.

Well at least I know I can get them at the marine shop. Perhaps I should go out and grab a few more pairs to keep on hand now that I know how difficult they are to find out here.

Hey @53canuk can you take a picture of the package at your Canadian Tire and send it to me? Try to take it with the hanger tag showing the Canadian Tire information if you can. I want to take it to our store and see why they don't have it here.

Thanks

·
13,263 Posts
I was on NGK site and they say .40 gap for the plugs so why does Victory say something different

1 - 20 of 27 Posts