Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people have put their dyno results on here.. But I was lucky enough to get a before and after. The first one is baffles drilled and O2's unplugged. The second one is the same but with the power commander 5 and the E3 plugs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Nice improvement for a little work, 13 ft lbs and 8 hp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it did! it really smoothed out the ride. My tune guy wants to try E85 fuel. He thinks he can get some more power with the higher octane. I will keep everyone updated on that as it comes.

·
13,003 Posts
Yes it did! it really smoothed out the ride. My tune guy wants to try E85 fuel. He thinks he can get some more power with the higher octane. I will keep everyone updated on that as it comes.
Where do you think that E85 is high octane :confused:

Beside it will take more E85 to go a 100 miles then normal gasoline cheers

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Nice results, but your "tune" guy is smoking rope. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I know there is a lot of concerns with e85.. But it is 110 octane the same as race fuel. It is way cheaper then race fuel which is a plus. The reason you get less mileage is cause of the extra power. The prob with the flex fuel cars is they are regulated by the EPA. My tune guy gained about 40 hp in his non flex fuel car with a proper tune. I figure it is worth a shot. If it dont work then you can say told you so but if it does well good for me lol. plus with the pc5 it has a map switch so if I am somewhere without E85 I just flip the switch and now I can use gas.

·
Registered
520 Posts
yeah I know there is a lot of concerns with e85.. But it is 110 octane the same as race fuel. It is way cheaper then race fuel which is a plus. The reason you get less mileage is cause of the extra power. The prob with the flex fuel cars is they are regulated by the EPA. My tune guy gained about 40 hp in his non flex fuel car with a proper tune. I figure it is worth a shot. If it dont work then you can say told you so but if it does well good for me lol. plus with the pc5 it has a map switch so if I am somewhere without E85 I just flip the switch and now I can use gas.
You get less mileage with E85 because you have Less power and have to turn the grip farther. Also running higher octane in a low to mid compression motor that doesn't need it gives you Less power as well, you don't get more power from higher octane. Higher octane burns slower to prevent detonation in High Compression motors, which you don't have. Vics run best on 89 octane ;-)

·
Registered
236 Posts
The reason why you get less gas mileage is because corn e-85 produces less BTU's then gasoline...

·
Registered
526 Posts
:crzy:wac:confused:

·
Registered
554 Posts
E85 is horrible for bikes, destroys seals, damages Pistons etc. The AMA is currently fighting as well as the automotive industry the push to get to E85 because of the cost of making engines capable of consistently running E85.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
it concerns me more than a little that a "professional" is espousing the idea that more octane=more power. That's only the case if your engine actually requires the stabilization of higher octane to prevent detonation.

Also, +1 everyone has said about ethanol in general so far. It's all accurate. Might wanna find a new tune guy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I knew as soon as I said anything about E85 it would be a fight.. But like I said in a my previous post Im gonna try and if it dont work then you all win and I would be the first to admit it. But if I win I guess I would like a little respect and an apology.. Im not trying to step on any body's toes. but what is it gonna hurt to try something new. Isnt that how things get better is to try new things? how do improvements get made. so your all saying that if someone came out with a new motor or cam or piston that it is worthless and its not worth trying? why not try its not your bike its mine. I just dont understand why anyone needs to be so negative about it. its still new there are a lot of people trying different things to gain horsepower. I mean sh*t why does nascar run it now? is everyone scared of something new. the worst thing that is gonna happen according to you is that it wont run and my gaskets erode and I have to replace them.. well screw me cause I tried something different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bikendad; Vics run best on 89 octane ;-)[/QUOTE said:
Quick question without trying to rob your thread, I don't have a manual handy but does it not state to use 91 octane?

·
Registered
33 Posts
gas

SPECIFICATIONS
Fuel Specifications
Use only unleaded gasoline, 92 pump octane minimum.
DO NOT USE E85 GASOLINE OR GASOLINE CONTAINING METHANOL.
Using E85 gasoline or gasoline/methanol blends can result in poor starting and driveability, and may damage
critical fuel system components.
Gasoline containing up to 15% Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE) can be used.
Gasoline containing up to 10% Ethanol can be used.
Gasoline that has been Reformulated or Oxygenated can be used.
Engine Oil Specifications
Polaris recommends the use of VICTORY Brand Synthetic Blend 20W-40 Motor Oil or an equivalent oil designed
for use with wet clutches (such as those with a JASO MA rating).
Service Manual Available
See your dealer to purchase a Victory Service Manual for your motorcycle (P/N 9921242

·
Registered
520 Posts
Quick question without trying to rob your thread, I don't have a manual handy but does it not state to use 91 octane?
This is another thread on its own. Vic recommends 91 to make it idiot proof. Premium is only needed in high compression engines, we're not quite there. Your engine runs best and makes the most power on the Lowest octane you can use without getting detonation or "pinging". Using premium when not needed can cause carbon build up on pistons and valves from unburn't fuel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts