Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Original poster, why did you run it through all the gears instead of just the one that's closest to 1:1 ratio like your supposed to?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@kevin x that is a wot shift 1st thru 5th, and also did a 4 gear wot, and criuse, yes its a little rich down low, and i know kevin "its supopossed to be only 95hp" but maybe those georgia bikes run a little sluggish

·
Registered
526 Posts
How do you like the torque tubes? Do you feel they are worth the $$$?

·
Registered
526 Posts
hell yeah, pricey but cool looking and performance noticeable
Cool. Im gonna be riding up to Lloydz to get a few things done including the tubes. they're only like an hour and a half away from me.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
That's not the prescribed method of doing a dyno run. And your arbitrary 'spike' isn't indicative of the actual torque curve. I would take it to a different dyno operator....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That's not the prescribed method of doing a dyno run. And your arbitrary 'spike' isn't indicative of the actual torque curve. I would take it to a different dyno operator....
maybe i should bring it to you then, where are you located? you must be another UTI graduate? who do you think im gonna go to , the guy who crys " its only 95 hp, waahhhh lets split molecules " or the guys who says 101? please who are you people?cheers

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
maybe i should bring it to you then, where are you located? you must be another UTI graduate? who do you think im gonna go to , the guy who crys " its only 95 hp, waahhhh lets split molecules " or the guys who says 101? please who are you people?cheers
You don't have a 100+HP rear wheel horsepower bike. Period.

The horsepower spikes in your graph are from gaining extra mechanical advantage when shifting. I'll put it in more easily understood terms for you...

If you take a base model 4cyl/5 speed Chevy Cobalt, put it in 2nd gear, and floor it it will not spin the tires. Now if you were driving down the road in the same car in second gear, pushed in on the clutch, floored it, and dumped the clutch it would spin the tires a bit.

Like Kevinx, I too have made hundreds of dyno pulls (operating the chassis dyno). Let me know if you want your numbers to read even higher, I can tell you dyno shop how to cheat the numbers better than corrected HP by changing the values in the dyno tables.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
besides, what is it that has you so dumbfounded?
First thing would be why the heck anybody would do that on a dyno. It shows nothing, and since they were running it without the inertia brake the spikes give a hugely false reading.

Do you have a real 5th gear power run??

BTW I'm not being a hater.....just realistic

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
First thing would be why the heck anybody would do that on a dyno. It shows nothing, and since they were running it without the inertia brake the spikes give a hugely false reading.

Exactly, that graph is worthless. Inertia dynos calculate horsepower off of torque readings.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

The horsepower spikes in your graph are from gaining extra mechanical advantage when shifting. I'll put it in more easily understood terms for you...

If you take a base model 4cyl/5 speed Chevy Cobalt, put it in 2nd gear, and floor it it will not spin the tires. Now if you were driving down the road in the same car in second gear, pushed in on the clutch, floored it, and dumped the clutch it would spin the tires a bit.

Like Kevinx, I too have made hundreds of dyno pulls (operating the chassis dyno). Let me know if you want your numbers to read even higher, I can tell you dyno shop how to cheat the numbers better than corrected HP by changing the values in the dyno tables.
whatever man 100 hp king right here . HAHAHAHAHAHA , ill run you any day on your bagger hombre, go back yo uti , what do you ride anyways?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

yeah, i might... but this one shows 100 hp , LOL:ltr:WAIT ILL I POST MY VID ON THE DRAG VS R1 NEXT WEEK , UNFAVORABLE WEATHER CONDITIONS, UP HERE IN NY , i get the hole i can hold him for the 1/8cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

and btw dont come here acting like your gonna learn somebody we all know that after the crank we lose 20-25% hp, thanks for overly informative reply UTI grad cheersBELCH!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
LL, I'll humor you...

My ride is a Stage 3 Hammer when I'm not out playing with my boats. Back in the day, I worked full time at a shop called TurboConnection in Edwardsville IL (google it if you want) while going to college full time at night. By the time I graduated college at 22yrs old, I had personally built more 800+rwhp cars than i can remember and a few that maxed out our DynoJet 248H high inertia chassis dyno rated that was rated at 1,200hp. Now, I run turbine projects for power companys. The turbines are rated in megawatts but when covered to horsepower, we upgrade 750,000hp steam turbines into 1,000,000hp+ steam turbines while still using the old factory housing.

Here's a few pics for you. The high pressure rotor alone costs over $5 million...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts