Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a couple pics. Got mine to Pure Performance today in west fargo nd. Beast30 met me there, and stayed for the first run. I just wanted to see where it was powerwise and make some vfc adjustments if needed. Well put it up and started running it and even with my settings being fairly conservative compared to what lloyds suggests i was blowing black smoke bigtime. Beast and I made adjustments to the vfc and it got much better but still quite rich. But one of the biggest adjustments i wanted to make was bumping the timing to see what it did. Well the blue line is after getting the vfc adjusted and the lloyds wheel at 4°. The red is about 10 minutes later with nothing else but the wheel at 8°.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
My vfc settings at first run g-2,y-1.5,r-2.5,gb-0,yb-4.5,rb-4.5 and after a little adjustment g-1.5,y-1/2,r-1/2,gb-0,yb-6.5,rb-6.5.

What I have, lloyds filter, timing wheel, thrush glasspacks, no cats, vfcIII. I also run champion RA6HC plugs, the stock 8 heat range seemed to hot at times and i couldnt ever get a good plug read. Still cant really but its better.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first set was what i had it set at when i got there, we ran it and set the second set of numbers during the first run so the blue line is with the second set of vfc numbers and 4°. The red line is also the second set of numbers and timing bumped to 8°. That way we could see what just changing timing would do.

·
13,043 Posts
To bad you didn't try the stock plugs just to see what the diffrence would of been

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure the dyno wouldnt have shown any difference between the plugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts