Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With below zero temps in Wisconsin, I thought a visit to Rod's Ride On Powersports, La Crosse WI would be the ticket to finding that perfect Victory (or just killing some time). For the two other locations I visited today, I called ahead. Got to Rod's, saw the OPEN sign up and walked to the front door. Definitely CLOSED. A simple phone call or internet search would have told me their weekly hours. Oh well, fine ride through the WI coulees on Hwy's 53 and 93. Just remember, not all stores are open on Mondays!!

Store Hours are as follows:

STORE HOURS
Monday Closed
Tuesday 8:30AM - 7:00PM
Wednesday 8:30AM - 6:00PM
Thursday 8:30AM - 6:00PM
Friday 8:30AM - 6:00PM
Saturday 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Sunday Closed

Rod's Ride On Powersports
4140 Mormon Coulee Ct La Crosse WI 54601
Phone: 608-788-4514 Fax: 608-788-6901
Toll Free Phone: 1-888-839-2771

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
you need more cheese in your diet
He's living in the right place then.

I always thought dealers closing on Sundays was a dumb idea. Most of the population only has a couple days a week to go out and contemplate blowing a small fortune on a shiny toy to adorn their garage, and dealers that close on Sundays just took one of those days away.

Harley shops are open 7 days a week, everyone else around here closes for a couple, then again, those other dealers don't have the staff to support 7 days a week either. Coinkidink :confused:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yep, rode by my local indy shop, KNOWING it was Monday and he is normally closed, BUT I figured with the holidays falling mid week that he might have some jobs that needed finishing. All I managed to do was burn a couple of gallons of gas and get some seat time, made a 60 trip out of it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In fact, I was going to go to the Redwing dealer, but thought they would be closed too. Looking at their schedule, they are open on MONDAYS!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I always thought dealers closing on Sundays was a dumb idea. Most of the population only has a couple days a week to go out and contemplate blowing a small fortune on a shiny toy to adorn their garage, and dealers that close on Sundays just took one of those days away.

Harley shops are open 7 days a week, everyone else around here closes for a couple, then again, those other dealers don't have the staff to support 7 days a week either. Coinkidink :confused:[/QUOTE]

Don't come to IA on Sunday and expect to find any dealer open. State law prohibits dealers form the sale of any vehicle on a Sunday. cheers

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just called Red Wing Motor Sports and did not get an answer. I assume they are closed on this celebratory day of December 31st! Happy New Years to all. Just saved myself an 1 1/2 drive to find another dealer closed on a Tuesday. :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

Harley shops are open 7 days a week, everyone else around here closes for a couple, then again, those other dealers don't have the staff to support 7 days a week either. Coinkidink :confused:
Don't come to IA on Sunday and expect to find any dealer open. State law prohibits dealers form the sale of any vehicle on a Sunday. cheers[/QUOTE]
It is the same way in Illinois. There are no vehicle sales on Sunday. My local Vic dealer turns it into a weekend by staying closed on Monday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts