Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to street riding, and gotta say, my favorite part of riding so far is just taking off with no destination in mind, and stopping wherever interests me..
Today I took off from the middle of Michigan (L.P.) and went to lake Michigan (stopping at a brewery on the way). On the way home I rode through a couple small towns, and found another small brewery/pub that was just cool.

My point is my bike really makes the journey fun, and I'm finding way more attractions off the beaten path than I ever did before!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Something I have found quite enjoyable is the Tag-O-Ramas on ADVRider. They have them for almost every state. Somebody goes somewhere in the state and takes a pic with their bike, and then you have to go there take the same pic with your bike and then go somewhere else and so on. I know they tried to start something like that here but it didn't really catch on. They are fun, when your looking for someplace to ride.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Im very new to riding but i have also discovered how good this feels to just leave and get lost...well no totally get lost since I have my phone I always find my way back lol. that freedom of the open road is pretty nice for sure.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yep, the salesman that sold me my bike pushed the fuel savings, and a few weeks ago when my daughter and son-in-law got their bike she was talking about fuel savings.
My response was " how often do you just jump in your truck and wander about for hours?"
The money you save, you just end up burning up enjoying your bike, and the freedom to see the beauty that you never really absorb until you own a bike.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Been riding for over 45 years and there's nothing like hopping on your scoot and going for a ride with no particular destination in mind and even better, no deadline to return home.

Wife was new to riding when I met her. First thing I said to her was "it's all about the journey, not about the destination". At first she didn't understand but after our first ride, she "got it".

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Carl...Of course, those brew pubs you stopped at was just for picking up some and taking it home for consumption after the sidestand is down for the day. Right?
Never touch the bottle 'til yer done with the throttle.cheers

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ricz, I do appreciate you looking after my well-being, as well as that of the other motorists I'm around.
I thought it could be a touchy subject but I put it out there anyway.
I don't want to detract from the nature of this thread, but please know I keep my safety and that of the other motorists priority, before I decide to have one glass of beer with my lunch or dinner.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
You are right when you say it is a touchy subject, Carl. While alcohol involved deaths are decreasing in the car world, they are increasing in the motorcycle environment. Just sayin', ride safe my friend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts