Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the hell out of my hammer but am always modifying stuff to make it more ME..... and I always thought that the rear fender was a bit of the sore spot for me. I know some take a Jackpot fender and make a JackHammer but I wanted to take it even farther.

So..... I bought a Jackpot rear fender and have been doing some cutting to it. I Have 1.5" lowering links on the bike and have adjusted the shock preload and have no doubt that I will never have any rubbing issues.

I pondered what I wanted to do with the rear fender. I will weld in the stock brake light location so that will be smoothed out. You can see where I have taken a sharpie and drawn lines where I considered cutting the side profile, I've considered machining cutouts in the fender-Hammer cut out or some other design, I have also considered cutting the end/back to more of a point but as of right now I think I am leaning to leaving the back with it's curved stock look and adding to the fender sides as indicated in the last pic with the cardboard template.

Any ideas you guys would like to volunteer would be great before I start welding it up

Stock fender with cut line layed out

Cut and checked

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok for some reason the pics aren't showing.... I'll work on it

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
Nice project, what side covers are you using ? You could draw that same curve on your fender ? Just to see how it looks ?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Subbed , keep the pics and updates coming .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
archaicguy , did you buy that rear fender from Spectrader ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was an ebay purchase from bravozulu2025

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Hammer is very cool but I like the Trans Am with the matching screaming chicken hood leaning on the wall better. :nerd

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
It was an ebay purchase from bravozulu2025
OK thanks , Spectrader on here had the same paint scheme for sale . Wish I had your skills , cant wait to see the finished product !

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Busa..... Great hack jobs. I used yours as inspiration as to which direction I wanted to go before even buying my fender. Beautiful Bikes too!!!

sjaskow.... Thanks, those are my other 2 girlfriends. I am in the midst of a frame off resto on Goldie right now.

LILMAGS500..... Thanks for the compliment, I will post more on the progress as I go.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Busa..... Great hack jobs. I used yours as inspiration as to which direction I wanted to go before even buying my fender. Beautiful Bikes too!!!

sjaskow.... Thanks, those are my other 2 girlfriends. I am in the midst of a frame off resto on Goldie right now.

LILMAGS500..... Thanks for the compliment, I will post more on the progress as I go.

Very nice! One of my favorite all time rides. I had a 78 4 speed w/t tops. I had more fun in that car then my Vette. Only problem was by 78 they had gone to the Olds 400. Would love to see your progress. Do have the build posted on another site? Thanks & best wishes on your project. Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts