Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cheers I have been reading oil threads for three years. Had no problem with the Victory oil kit except the price. So my last oil change was 2 quarts Vic oil left over from two previous oil changes and roughly 2.5 quarts of Rotella 15w40 oil. I planned on switching to all Rotella next oil change. Bike was fine for a few hundred miles and then I starting hearing more noise from the motor. (I know you think it is in my head). I ride the bike a lot more aggressively since adding an S&S intake package. A lot more fun. At about 500 to 600 miles into the oil change I starting missing when upshifting from first to second (on more than one occasion). Never happened before. I also noticed as the bike gets hotter it is much harder to downshift. Have to play with the shifter more to coax it into the lower gears. So today I ordered three 5 Quarts jugs of Vic 20w40 oil from Honda East Toledo shipped to Maine $125.50 and it will be here Wednesday. Great price and service! My local Vic dealers don't carry the 5 Quart jugs, go figure. With a NAPA Goid 1356 filter my cost is just under $50.00 ($49.90). I trust Kevin, Lloyd, and Rylan as they make their living working on Victory's. If it is good enough for them . it is good enough for me. I also trust how My bike runs and operates. So on Wednesday even though I only have 1150 miles on this oil I will be changing it with 100 percent Pure Victory Oil. You do not have to reply to this thread as I have solved the Oil DEBATE ONCE and FOR ALL. You don't have to thank me, it's what I do. Ride Safe!!! thumb up:ltr:

·
Registered
784 Posts
What ever gives you the warm fuzzies.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I don't care how much it costs, my bike will get Vic oil and Vic filters until its dead , or not mine anymore. thumb up

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Who wants to make a bet this thread will go at lest 5 pages and the OP will not respond but will check it at lest twice a day to see how his wisdom is changing lives.

Lets bet Rotella to Vic oil wadda ya say?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I don't care how much it costs, my bike will get Vic oil and Vic filters until its dead , or not mine anymore. thumb up
If Victory sells the oil that was recommended for my bike, that is enough reason for me to use it.

·
12,984 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
What I would do is adjust the excessive free play out of the shift linkage. And while I was at it, check the rest of the bike over for loose hardware; while using some loctite in the areas that the factory missed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Who wants to make a bet this thread will go at lest 5 pages and the OP will not respond ...
He did say this was his first and last oil post, so I am not betting. :D

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
I plan on using Harley oil for my next Victory oil change.
Screamin Chicken oil in a Vic.......probably made at the same place with different labels.

I'm using this because it's the most expensive I can find so it has to be the best.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
That's just funny stuff right there. I say if a guy wants to spend lots of money on oil, he should......... Just not me. I have better things to spend my hard-earned frogskins on.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Who wants to make a bet this thread will go at lest 5 pages and the OP will not respond but will check it at lest twice a day to see how his wisdom is changing lives.

Lets bet Rotella to Vic oil wadda ya say?
I'll say 6 no more than 8. Wager is an oil plug seal lol.

2000 V92SC in Middle, TN

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
If Victory sells the oil that was recommended for my bike, that is enough reason for me to use it.
The manufacturers count on this attitude from their customers. That's why there's Honda oil, Harley oil, Yamalube, Victory oil...

Ya know, the Victory branded oil is mixed and bottled by the low bidder. Manufacturers put out a spec, take bids, and the low bidder gets the contract. Polaris/Victory does not have an oil refinery.

Vic oil is 20W-40. Why? Because that weight is hard to find in a motorcycle oil and they want you to use Victory oil.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
The manufacturers count on this attitude from their customers. That's why there's Honda oil, Harley oil, Yamalube, Victory oil...
One difference being, the last time I bought Yami oil it was $20 for enough to do the job...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts