Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a 200 mile round trip ride today, the bike performed fantastic. I'm really getting the feel for the steering now, it takes a lot more force than my Honda but, it makes me feel more secure. The only negative is the stock seat, the last 40 miles were not comfortable. Ive been looking at seats but I do like the look of the stock cover and I'm not liking the idea of changing the look of the bike. Anyone have this seat and what do you think?

2875843-02 Victory Hammer Bandit

·
12,984 Posts
Drag Specialties has some nice ones.
We can all tell you what we feel is best but you'll never know till you put your ass on a seat and ride it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Something you might want to consider is having the stock seat reworked.....

There are options out there - Mean City cycles , conquest customs , and Cycleops ....come to mind.

Peter

·
Registered
352 Posts
Having my seat redone is a nice option, I never considered.
Yep ..... Keep the look of the bike...and be more comfy doing it.

Other things to consider are - changing out the stock rear shock , the OEM shock is weak at best ... progressive , or better yet Penske shock will do wonders for smoothing out the big bumps and improve handling.

Read up on both here ....

Tires ..... The rear Dunlop is ok ...but wears flat pretty quick....
Metzler 260 , Pirelli night dragon 240 ...all with much rounder profile ...will improve ride and handling.
Above all .....keep tabs on tire air pressure....

Heres a pic of my bike .... With the reworked seat by Will Milano of CycleOps .....

Peter

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Having my seat redone is a nice option, I never considered.
Graptor- before you buy an aftermarket seat, which is easier to do admittedly, if you get your stock seat refilled and re-upholstered it will cost less, plus it'll be done to your specifications- I highly recommend talking to a upholstered first.

I used to get a dead left leg after an hour with the stock seat and foam- I went to a car upholsterer who occasionally does bikes, and I couldn't be happier.

thumb up

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Krisd can you post closeups of that seat! cheers
Mobs! How the hell are you man? Still riding the hammer?

And I love my seat- so comfy. Only thing I would say is if it rains it gets soaked, because of all the stitching. Other than that, it's way better.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thank Kris. I am fine. Contemplating selling my 13 Hammer to get a Magnum X-1 this year or next. Might sell my wheels separately in CDN currency which would be a killer deal for any US residents with the CDN to USD exchange rate.

You bastard riding year round. Super jealous. :smile

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Thank Kris. I am fine. Contemplating selling my 13 Hammer to get a Magnum X-1 this year or next. Might sell my wheels separately in CDN currency which would be a killer deal for any US residents with the CDN to USD exchange rate.

You bastard riding year round. Super jealous. :smile
Ha :laugh

Yeah I've thought about that too, but here I would get jack $ back for my Hammer so I think it's a keeper- and it'll be a few years yet before I'll be able to afford another. I actually almost bought a new Tuono 2 months ago- they offer probably the best all round package that I'm after. But sensibility got the better of me. Need to drop A$20k on solar panels and a Tesla battery in the next year or so because incredibly, and disgustingly, we are being severely ripped off on electricity here, which really shits me, hence my tirade!

Good luck with the changeover and everything Mobs.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well, here's the touring version of my Hammer:

I just installed all this crap (I call it crap, cuz the bike doesn't look as cool anymore, but maybe I'll get use to it). Right now I have no clue how well it'll works, but I'm going on a 3 day trip up natchez trace, leaving Sunday, so I'll have plenty of time to figure out how well it works, or doesn't.

Touring mods:

MRA Vario Shield
SW-Motech EVO Sport Tank bag
Touring Seat
Kuryakyn Floor Boards
Kuryakyn Kinetic grips with Throttle Boss

We shall see, I'm excited. bringing the sheep skin pad just in case the touring seat doesn't quiet cut it. lol...

If this doesn't turn out to be comfortable enough, I'm converting this bad boy back to street bandit look with the seat cowl and adding a cross country to my stable. :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Looking good Marius thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Well, here's the touring version of my Hammer:

I just installed all this crap (I call it crap, cuz the bike doesn't look as cool anymore, but maybe I'll get use to it). Right now I have no clue how well it'll works, but I'm going on a 3 day trip up natchez trace, leaving Sunday, so I'll have plenty of time to figure out how well it works, or doesn't.

Touring mods:

MRA Vario Shield
SW-Motech EVO Sport Tank bag
Touring Seat
Kuryakyn Floor Boards
Kuryakyn Kinetic grips with Throttle Boss

We shall see, I'm excited. bringing the sheep skin pad just in case the touring seat doesn't quiet cut it. lol...

If this doesn't turn out to be comfortable enough, I'm converting this bad boy back to street bandit look with the seat cowl and adding a cross country to my stable. :p

Umm... You forgot about a spot to put your clothes? Where is your rain gear? You can make your bike touring worthy with out making it look as touring ish... Check out Bikers Friend. You can also make do with footpegs you just need to move your feet a little. Rest you heels on pegs, then the balls of your feet, when those both get old... Rest the outside of your heels and let toes turn outward. Do you have forward controls? They help a lot! I did 2, 1500 mile trips on my old Highball without windshield or any other touring type stuff. Just a swingarm bag and my bikers friend. Natchez Trace is beautiful!!! Vicksburg MS is a neat little town if your looking for a laid back yet fun evening. There is bar called the long branch saloon just across the bridge in Mound LA. It's about as authentic as it gets. There isn't a bunch of fuel right on the Trace... Plan accordingly.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I find throwing my Airhawk R on the stock Vegas seat is fine.
Usually if a pillion seat is comfy it don't look the coolest, but hey I ride big miles so I want my passenger comfortable, and if I want my bike to look cooler I can have her back to solo in around ten minutes.
For me its function over form.
Airhawks cover all the bases.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looking good Marius thumb up
Thanks, bud.

I tried to pick the parts that wouldn't hide the curves of the bike too much. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the look and the ability to strip is all down fairly quickly.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Umm... You forgot about a spot to put your clothes? Where is your rain gear? You can make your bike touring worthy with out making it look as touring ish... Check out Bikers Friend. You can also make do with footpegs you just need to move your feet a little. Rest you heels on pegs, then the balls of your feet, when those both get old... Rest the outside of your heels and let toes turn outward. Do you have forward controls? They help a lot! I did 2, 1500 mile trips on my old Highball without windshield or any other touring type stuff. Just a swingarm bag and my bikers friend. Natchez Trace is beautiful!!! Vicksburg MS is a neat little town if your looking for a laid back yet fun evening. There is bar called the long branch saloon just across the bridge in Mound LA. It's about as authentic as it gets. There isn't a bunch of fuel right on the Trace... Plan accordingly.
That tank bag is expandable, so I will have my rain suit, clean socks, underwear and tshirts in there no problem. THis is only a 3 day trip and it will be hot, so not much needed really. For this trip this will suffice.

I'll look into bikes friend. Thanks for that suggestion.

I rode the bike into work today, I am a literally shocked at how much more comfortable the bike is with the seat, boards and the screen. I'm so much more realaxed and comfortable now. It will help me enjoy the scenery that much more as I pass it. I did lots of research and picked each mod very carefully, and the outcome seems to be very very good so far.

Thanks a million for the suggestions about Natchez trace. It'll be my first ride through it, and so I can use all the input I can get. I will try to see if I can work in the towns you suggested. It's always nice to have some clue on what to look for and do. I know gas will be a problem. I will definitely try to keep a careful eye on fuel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts