Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'll be going for my first test ride on 2 Victory's this coming Sat. They have both bikes I'm interested in a XC and a Hard Ball. I didn't expect this dealer (which is semi local) to have anything in stock to ride since they are a Suzuki dealership. Oh well, I guess the Victory Gods are smiling on me so far.

MAN I can't wait!!! thumb up :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pat0021 already thought of that!! LOl

·
Registered
207 Posts
Definitely don't take your checkbook with you unless your ready to purchase lol. I went into my dealer thinking I was just going to check them out, and walked out that day with my hard ball.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely don't take your checkbook with you unless your ready to purchase lol. I went into my dealer thinking I was just going to check them out, and walked out that day with my hard ball.
Frankyoz............. What are your thoughts on your Hard Ball? I've been looking at it because it looks MEAN AS HELL!! and will break necks during bike nights but I'm beginning to do longer rides so i'm looking at the XC also. I catch a lot of wind with my 109 so I'm sure the Hard Ball will be the same on long trips due to the apes.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Frankyoz............. What are your thoughts on your Hard Ball? I've been looking at it because it looks MEAN AS HELL!! and will break necks during bike nights but I'm beginning to do longer rides so i'm looking at the XC also. I catch a lot of wind with my 109 so I'm sure the Hard Ball will be the same on long trips due to the apes.
If you are running with Pat, based on his links, I'd strongly suggest skipping the bike night bravado and buying something that is made to ride long and hard.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you are running with Pat, based on his links, I'd strongly suggest skipping the bike night bravado and buying something that is made to ride long and hard.
We all have our passion and as a friend of mine likes to say "its my drug of choice"

But yeah if you are looking for distance I would suggest the XC or XCT. But you can ride any bike long distance if you have the will to. My only real complaint is the seat. Hope to buy an Ultimate next month its just a shame I have to loose the heated seat option.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just put close to 800 miles on my M109 with no windshield this past weekend and loved every mile of it!! I know the XC will be more comfortable in that setting but DAMN!!! that Hard Ball is sick.

Thanks for all the input guys...... Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
This decision is an easy one:

Buy an XC or XCT for the long ride and a High-Ball for the short rides.thumb up

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Can you not put a removable windshield on the Hard Ball? Just for the long trips?

I did about a 700 mile trip a few weekends ago on the XR with no protection. Wasn't that bad... You probably catch more air with the apes though, right?!?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you not put a removable windshield on the Hard Ball? Just for the long trips?

I did about a 700 mile trip a few weekends ago on the XR with no protection. Wasn't that bad... You probably catch more air with the apes though, right?!?
I'm figuring I would catch more wind with the apes but i'm just going to test ride. When I get closer to buying I know my decision will be easier.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I didn't know until yesterday but yes it comes with a windshield which can be removed quickly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts