Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2004 Victory Vegas. I was really considering a Harley after being away from riding seriously for about 12 years, but came across this victory for an incredible price. I do not regret it and so far love the bike. Everything I have read indicates I made the right decision. Nothing against Harley at all (I love their style), but Victory is American made and a beautiful and reliable bike. Looking forward to getting tech tips and just general discussion about the bike here. I am a former mechanic (worked for Benz) and still do all my own mechanical work. I am looking forward to digging into this bike with a few mods (always looking for suggestions) and want to paint it as I am not a fan of the orange/silver. I will post pics after the pipes go on it (planning on some Octanes).

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just purchased a 2004 Victory Vegas. I was really considering a Harley after being away from riding seriously for about 12 years, but came across this victory for an incredible price. I do not regret it and so far love the bike. Everything I have read indicates I made the right decision. Nothing against Harley at all (I love their style), but Victory is American made and a beautiful and reliable bike. Looking forward to getting tech tips and just general discussion about the bike here. I am a former mechanic (worked for Benz) and still do all my own mechanical work. I am looking forward to digging into this bike with a few mods (always looking for suggestions) and want to paint it as I am not a fan of the orange/silver. I will post pics after the pipes go on it (planning on some Octanes).

Welcome to the forum, and the Victory family. You made the right choice. Harleys are great, but Victory is undeniably more reliable.

EXCELLENT choice on the Octanes too. I seriously considered them myself, but it didn't quite fit my bikes theme as much as I wanted them. Octanes kick ass.

I'll post a vid link here in a second when I find it, I think as a mechanic, you'll find it very interesting.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, love the videos. Very informative. I just ordered my Octane pipes, s&s intake, and VIC III controller from conquest customs. Great customer service. I will review the parts when they come in and I get them on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts