Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Harley riding friends (including my wife) are mystified by my new xc 8ball. They don't understand why I didn't buy a harley. No real mystery. At 6'3", I fit on the xc without changing anything. Nice to be comfortable!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum!

I landed on the XC for very much the same reason. I am a die hard Kawasaki guy, so I went in to test ride the Vaquero and the XC back to back. I fully expected to be riding home on the Vaquero... As it turns out, I couldn't wait to get off of the Vaquero and back on to the XC. Nothing wrong with the Vaquero except that it did not fit me like the XC.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My Harley riding friends (including my wife) are mystified by my new xc 8ball. They don't understand why I didn't buy a harley. No real mystery. At 6'3", I fit on the xc without changing anything. Nice to be comfortable!
Plus , Victory flat out makes a better bike , PERIOD . Welcome to the Forum from Westford MA. cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After spending time and money this winter in an effort to make my softail fit me better (new seat, extended forward controls, different bars), I was really POed on the first ride of the year when I didn't fit any better. My first ride was to the Victory dealer. I had rented a Cross Roads a few years back and knew that I was comfortable on it.

One of my friends even jokingly called me a fraud for wearing my Harley gear. Really? Just what position do you play for the Bruins? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Time to trade your HD gear for some Victory gear ..... Wear it proudly !thumb up

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I work in Norwood Ma , probably no more then 10 mi from you . I go to MOM's quite often on my lunch break ....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Its not the distance , its the traffic ...:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
ex-Harley

Sounds like Harley "fan boys". I can understand it to a degree. Harley is a BIG brand and people tend to have pride in the brand they ride. I had a Harley for about 6 months. I found that most Harleys looked the same. Sure some had different paint jobs and different "accents" but not too many were truely unique. So I got rid of my Harley and got my Big Dog chopper. I love it and it turns heads but it's not very passenger friendly. It's also not good on the long trips.
I just picked up a Vision so that we can do some long trips and am loving it so far. Good comment regarding Bruins gear. So true!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
When I was shopping for a bike, many urged me to check out the Harleys. My reply to them was, I've rented them, need I say more?
One time, I was parking near a bunch of H-Ds and their sheep, er riders and one piped up with, "well that's different." I made it a point to eyeball every one of them and their bikes and reply, "well those are all the same." Not another word was heard.

·
Registered
396 Posts
ignorance is bliss,just dont let them ride it or
they might figure it out!:crzy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts