Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as some have followed my tech issue threads and other comments you know I have made a few changes to my Judge. I wanted to share them all in one place and eventually add a dyno sheet to show power gains.

List of modifications:
Bar End Mirrors.
De-stickered and removed all badges.
Stage 1 ECU, Stage 1 Tri Pro, Stage 1 Filter.
PCV, Auto Tune, (removed Stage 1 ECU flash, caused issues with the IAC).
Lloydz Timing Wheel set to 4 degrees advance.

The addition of the PCV with Auto Tune and the +4 degrees ignition advance are the best modifications I have done to any bike.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Im thinking about removing my tank badge...if it can be considered a badge. How did you do it? Its not that i don't want to have the word VICTORY scrawled across the tank. I like it just fine. But i'm adding bits of red trim as i go and the white lettering is throwing off the look. Id love to have the letters in red. Should i remove the letters sooner rather then later so any paint fading around them is minimal, or is that a non-issue?

Also could you post a pic of the lettering removed? pretty please.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tank badge is still on there. I was referring to the safety, warning, and other stickers that are plastered all over.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The tank badge is still on there. I was referring to the safety, warning, and other stickers that are plastered all over.
Oh, gotcha...snuck the wifes hair drier out on her for that job! The ones on the frame don't bother me so much...well i get it. But the tank ones are a piss off. And i get two for the french side.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tomorrow weather permitting a new Lloydz air box will grace the Judge. I have no garage, wife bought the house before we got married, so I am subject to the whims of mother nature.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Installed and wonderful. Rode about 60 miles and had a good time. The bike ran really smooth and pulled hard even riding two up. Loved the old school 4 barrel intake noise when I hit it hard.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took the bike to the dyno today. I didn't worry too much about max power runs so the sheet reflects lower than peak numbers, but nice nonetheless. 84 and 94. Here is the thing it carries that 80 + HP number from about 4600 RPM until 6000 RPM and torque is 90 or above from 2700 RPM to 4800 RPM and doesn't drop below 80 ft/lbs until 4950 RPM.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Will post pics as soon as everything is installed. Got some Viking bags that I will be hard mounting, was hoping to soft mount, but due to the way the seat attaches I can't. National Cycles windscreen will be here tomorrow & Friday I am having a 2 into 1 Bassani installed along with a K&N air filter & an ECU flash.....

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Took the bike to the dyno today. I didn't worry too much about max power runs so the sheet reflects lower than peak numbers
I don't understand what that means. "Peak numbers" are simply the highest points on a dyno chart... so how does one get a sheet to reflect lower than peak numbers? Are you saying you didn't run it at full throttle?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bags are finally on. Still want to add the separate tach & Vegas foot controls to move them forward, tired of my right foot getting warm & clipping the pegs when I put my feet down. Per the dealer the K&N air filter has not been released yet, so that will go on when it comes. The ECU was flashed when the Bassani was installed, but I still don't think the fueling is right so a PCV & probably a dyno tune will be in the cards.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bags are finally on. Still want to add the separate tach & Vegas foot controls to move them forward, tired of my right foot getting warm & clipping the pegs when I put my feet down. Per the dealer the K&N air filter has not been released yet, so that will go on when it comes. The ECU was flashed when the Bassani was installed, but I still don't think the fueling is right so a PCV & probably a dyno tune will be in the cards.
Lean Angle? I know the Judge's foot pegs drag a lil to quick. I wonder how close the exhaust comes to dragging?? Stock vs Aftermarket? Seems as though a 2 into 1 would have more clearance...?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lean Angle? I know the Judge's foot pegs drag a lil to quick. I wonder how close the exhaust comes to dragging?? Stock vs Aftermarket? Seems as though a 2 into 1 would have more clearance...?
Yeah ground clearance is an issue. The bolts securing the baffle are on the bottom & on hard rights they will scrape. I have spoke with Bassani & there is not much that can be done. The mechanic that installed the pipe had already done everything they recommended to get as much clearance as possible. Stock is not much better. The way the Judge is set up there is not a whole lot of clearance in any case.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah ground clearance is an issue. The bolts securing the baffle are on the bottom & on hard rights they will scrape. I have spoke with Bassani & there is not much that can be done. The mechanic that installed the pipe had already done everything they recommended to get as much clearance as possible. Stock is not much better. The way the Judge is set up there is not a whole lot of clearance in any case.
This is somewhat discouraging...
I'm sure I will here it from some that will say "It's a cruiser not a RR". As long as the lean angle doesn't stop the fun I'll be ok. I guess?? I could live with dragging pegs but if I have to always be worried about dragging hard parts. That would suck!:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is somewhat discouraging...
I'm sure I will here it from some that will say "It's a cruiser not a RR". As long as the lean angle doesn't stop the fun I'll be ok. I guess?? I could live with dragging pegs but if I have to always be worried about dragging hard parts. That would suck!:confused:
I would not give up. The mechanic I have been dealing with says the RPW exhaust offers more ground clearance & may be a route to go. The Bassani is suppose to offer the best performance power wise, but the RPW is not far off. As to limiting the fun, not had that issue yet. Yes, you have to be aware, but I have no complaints.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I put the 1" taller Progressive shock in and that helped a bit with dragging peg. The Vegas forward controls added a little more lean angle. I have yet to drag the RPW Big Slash, even taking off canter right handers. As far as performance (RPW Big Slash, Lloyds airbox, fuel controller) 98.67 hp 109.83 ft-lb.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts