Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, went to the dealer, test drove my new bike, no problems. Signed the paperwork, traded keys, got on my new bike. As I was leaving the parking lot making a right I got cut off by a guy on a bike leaving same place by a different exit and it gunned it. Yep, you got it, on a dip, in a slow turn, hit the front brake to put my feet down, but guess what? I wasn't on my lowered Heritage and there was no pavement when I put my foot down on the low side.

Here's is what I can share:

1) No damage to the bike! It did not fully tip over, only minor sctatch on floor boards, and minor scratch on underside bag guard rails. MIRACULOUS!

2) While lowest Tour bike made, still a little too tall for me. Lowered seat, 2" lowering kit ordered!

3) Worst kickstand I have ever seen for short people! Way out there and hidden under huge, comfortable floorboards!

Expensive first day, but at least I got the first scratch over and done with!

What a bike though. Just love it! Won't take the wife on it though until I can get my fet planted again. Riding home Thermometer registered 97 degrees, and with the lowers (open) that engine still puts out a fair amount of heat. I can't keep my wallet in my back pants anymore unless I want to dry everything out after the ride, or maybe it just needed more time to cool after the new toy and ordering all the accessories. :D

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Sorry to hear about that incident and glad you were not hurt. That's gotta be real upsetting...almost crashing while leaving the dealership on a new bike. Gotta be a record setter too. A word to the wise - take that wallet out of your back pocket and keep it out. Sitting on your wallet screws up your pelvis and much more. The bigger your wallet, the more you are screwed. You can spot riders who are sitting on their wallets - they look like they have a twisted spine. My wallet rides in my jacket pocket.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sucks. But look on the bright side, at least you know you can lift your bike up when you drop it :D
Are you kidding? That's the third think I learned, it took 2 husky 20 year olds because the first one couldn't do it, and it wasn't me!

I called my insurance company to see if besides towing coverage I had "Pick me up" coverage. :ltr:

·
Registered
15 Posts
thats sucks so bad! again, at least you weren't hurt,, that bike landing on you would be pretty bad....

that the only thing i really like about the vision is that tip protection,, its a pretty sweet design.... if it didn't look like it was out of robocop movie i would be all over it,, lol

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Tour model has tip protection too, but not as good as the Vision. Not a mark on the bike, never got to my legs. I'll drop it again I'm sure, probably during an adance riding course so I can learn to control it better at real slow speeds and tight turns. Want to protect me AND my passenger, the lovely wife, who like yours, loves to ride, and part of getting this bike was so she would ride longer distances with me.

I don't find the Vision so replusive and actually like the different non comforming look, and the deals are killer. Just too big a bike for me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would strongly suggest you remove the trunk & get used to the bike first without it. Mine felt kind of top heavy & takes a lot more attention to park with the trunk on. I heeded to my dealers suggestion & spent a week or two without the trunk getting used to the new ride. I actually like the looks of the bike as well as the handling better without it so I often don't use it.
As for your wallet, my chiropractor years ago had me stop the bad habit of carrying it in my back pocket. It will definitely throw you out of whack.
If you want total tip over protection like the Vision, get yourself some of the custom bag guards from Arizona Victory:
http://www.arizonavictory.com/eshopitems_cat_6680-76578.Accessories.htm

Good luck with your new ride. It is good you did not by HD as they are even higher off the ground than the XC.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would strongly suggest you remove the trunk & get used to the bike first without it. Mine felt kind of top heavy & takes a lot more attention to park with the trunk on. I heeded to my dealers suggestion & spent a week or two without the trunk getting used to the new ride.
+1

I really noticed this with my Road Glide, but he principle is the same, lots of weight, high and behind the rear wheel. Super nice to have, but worth getting used to.thumb up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts